Thorny Shrubs in Garden

I have a problem with prickly, thorny shrubs invading my garden. I live in Massachusetts. I just looked at my garden this afternoon and found one already! Its roots are very deep. How do I get rid of these invaders?

Hardiness Zone: 6b

Robin from Needham, MA

Answers

Have you tried RoundUp yet? RoundUp will kill the entire plant, roots and all. It sounds like this invader is coming up from roots, or seeding from a neighborhood parent plant. If it is a root-volunteer, RoundUp may well help. If it is a seedling, you should be able to pull it up. You can also try pouring boiling water over the plant and literally cooking it, not toxic, but messy and could be dangerous to you.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceMarch 18, 2009
Spraying a rose bush.
Treating Roses With Witch's Broom Disease
Crown of Thorns
Growing a Crown of Thorns
Ornamental Shrubs
Caring for Ornamental Shrubs
House Surround by Plants
Adding Privacy With Plants
🎄
🍂