Massage Paws for Easier Nail Trimming

If you start massaging a cat's paws and feet and gently pressing them and working with their little paws each time you hold them, they won't mind so much when you trim their claws.

Trimming the claws involves gently pressing the kitten's paw until the claws are visible. This does not hurt the cat. Trim a small amount of the hook off of the claw - never the whole claw, just the upper part of the claw. It is better to clip too little than too much.

I play with my kittens' paws as part of their play. They come to expect it each time they are cuddling with me.

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

Hello there. I don't believe you should clip your cats nails anymore than you should de-claw cats or clip their whiskers. It is inhumane and you are only doin' for yourself. Think about it please. Do you even know what you are doing to them? P.S. it is a crime to clip cats whiskers.

Cipping a cats nails is a once a week thing at our home. We don't clip them far, we just take very tips off of them. They cant play with the smaller animals with super sharp claws. We always leave them capable of climbing trees, and also they use their back claws for defense. A cats whiskers should never be clipped. It would interfere with the cats judgment. You are correct about the whiskers.

Blessings, Robyn

It was really funny, but when I heard back from the Spay Neuter clinic about my cat, Peanut, I was amused to find out that when they went to clip his nails, that he stretched out and enjoyed it. They had never seen that kind of behavior before. They said he just purred and handed them his paws... They loved that, because most of the cats are not used to having their paws massaged.

Here is a picture of how he fell asleep after I massaged his feet.So sweet he is!

Trimming Your Cat's Nails, An orange Persian cat having it's nails trimmed.
Trimming Your Cat's Nails
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Soy candle in a glass jar.
Making Soy Massage Candles
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🎉
🎄