Giving Yourself a Foot Massage

Category Home Remedies
Someone giving themselves a foot massage.
When your feet hurt, they may be soothed with massage. This guide is about giving yourself a foot massage.

Need a foot rub? My feet often hurt during the day. I stumbled on the idea of buying an inexpensive rubber door mat, the kind with the raised rubber nubs on it, which cost me about 3 dollars at the Dollar Store. I keep it rolled up by my reading chair, and when the urge strikes, unroll it and step barefoot on the raised nub surface, massaging my tired feet. It feels wonderful and really wakes my feet up. Sometimes I leave the mat out all day and just walk in place barefoot on it during the day for a quick, invigorating pick-me-up. Now I don't know what I'd do without it! Perhaps this will work for others as it does for me - I hope so!

By Cathy S from Millsboro DE

I saw the tip about exercising a bad back/leg/foot with a Pringles can and had to tell you my discovery. I had one of those leg problems and found that if I rolled a rubber nubby dog bone shaped toys under my foot, it not only relieved my leg pain but gave my foot a massage! They can be found in any pet dept and are inexpensive too!

Source: My own discovery!

By Terry R from Goodsprings

I've found another use for a Pringles can. I recently injured my back and have nerve damage in my foot and leg. My foot burns constantly and the muscles in my lower leg are pretty well shot. I've found relief by rolling a Pringles can forward and back, from heel to toe. I can do this under my desk while I work. It feels like an incredible massage on the bottom of your foot. I believe it's helping to build my muscles back up in my foot and lower leg, as well. This is what you call "good and cheap".

By Artlady from Edmond, OK

Sit down and place a tennis ball or golf ball (whichever works best for you) under your foot. Put pressure on the ball and roll it around under your foot. Works wonders. You can get right to the pressure point that hurts.