Teacup Candles For Fundraising

Here's a great fundraising idea that my Relay for Life team developed. We purchased 60 small teacups and saucers off eBay. We took the cups to a local candle making shop and had them put a wick and scented candle wax in the cups. (They gave us a discount since we were raising money for American Cancer Society.) We then glued the tea cups to the saucers, put them in cellophane bags and tied on a pink ribbon. We sold them for $10 each, with the proceeds ($400) going to American Cancer Society.

By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC

I think this is really a neat craft! I am particularly pleased by the cause for which you made them. As the Mom of a child who is 3 years Cancer free, I am thankful for your efforts! I think that the same idea could be used with mugs for a masculine approach. Also, I suggest posting a request for the necessary supplies on your local freecycle or freeshare. You'd probably get a lot that way.

Great idea thanks for sharing it.

A box of donated household goods.
Fundraising Ideas for a Nonprofit Organization
Better Living Charity FundraisingSeptember 7, 2007
student car wash
Fundraising Ideas for a Student Run Charity
Greeting Cards
Donating Old Greeting Cards
High School Fundraiser Carwash
Fundraising Ideas for a School Trip
Chocolate fountain with people dipping marshmallows and fruit
Planning a Chocolate Heaven Fundraiser
🎉
🎄