Organizations That Help Low Income Families Get Free Furniture

Buying furniture is an expensive undertaking. Families struggling on low incomes often are unable to buy or replace their furniture without some type of assistance. This is a page about organizations that assist low income families get free furniture.

I am in need of a new bed, some furniture, and most of all a car. My husband is on SSD and I am going through a lot with my health and am not able to work at this time. Most of our money goes towards rent and electric. We can barely pay that. How can I get a charity to help me get furniture, a bed, and a car?

By Gina

Answers

Best Answer

Ask your church if they can help you or make suggestions. Many groups that help people in a community let churches know they are available. For that matter many people in your church may volunteer for groups that help people. If you don't go to church it may be time to start (but go to one you haven't asked for help from).

Best Answer

There is a web site that is called Freecycle, you can find the groups in your area and join. They post items that they will give away and you can ask for items.

We are a low income family of 6 and need help with furniture for our home. Where can we go or get help or guidance?

Please and thank you.

Answers

Furniture Help

Step 1
Thrift stores give to people in need

Step 2
Churches

Step 3
Freecycle

Step 4
Word of mouth

Step 5
Curb night before garbage pickup

Where can low income families get beds and mattress sets in the Washington DC area?

I'm looking for help with beds for my children. Where do I go or look? I can not afford them.

Answers

You could check websites like Craigslist under free, nextdoor, Facebook market.

Ask friends, family, neighbors

We are a low income, 2 parent household with 4 children. We recently went thru a house fire and lost everything.

We are in need of beds for 4 kids and ourselves, as well. Are there any furniture stores that donate furniture?

Answers

Many times, local chapters of the American Red Cross will help out folks who have escaped house fires. The Red Cross considers a fire to be a disaster, even if only one family or household is affected. The chapter may give out vouchers for clothing and furniture, if not the items themselves. Or it may have furniture and bedding that it can give you. Contact your local chapter for information.

I have fallen on hard times, but am managing. My son and I are in desperate need of mattresses, mine more so. I'm currently sleeping on a 27 year old king size that was in the house when we moved here 5 years ago. My back is in a pit and I am starting to struggle day to day. I have tried loans and credit desperately trying to get some. Does anyone know of any charities or organisations that could help?

Please x

Answers

You can always place a request on Craigslist or Freecycle for help with this but remember, the pick up and delivery may be up to you to provide no matter who helps you so always be sure of the conditions in the offer.
Cleanliness is a prime concern if you are offered a used/preowned mattress as bedbugs are many times a disaster just waiting to get you.
If you are on any government entitlement programs (medicaid, food stamps) there are agencies that might be able to help you. The Salvation Army, Habitat will also help if they have anything available. A service that is rarely used one from Ashley furniture so if you have one of there stores in your area you should call them and ask about their free bed assistance program.

www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com/a-hope-to-dream

You may even have a nextdoor neighbor program near you.

nextdoor.com/

Here is a link that has some suggestions:

www.needhelppayingbills.com/.../help_in_finding_free_furniture.html

I would contact a local church

I would go to the "freebies" section of your local craigslist.

On Craigslist, under free - you can perhaps see if anyone is giving away mattresses. Preferably they just purchased a new one and getting rid of their own old.

If they can haul to your home that would be nice and maybe give them beer money, or a small tip for their time + gas.

If you are on a budget and can afford a new mattress I would suggest buying an air bed. The mattresses are firm and comfortable. The king size sells for around 60 dollars I believe.

Dennisguyton@gmail.com
I am a elderly women have being homeless do to my old landlord of 6 yrs sold the property he only give me a 30 day notice I thought that he probably would let me stay until I fine a place all my stuff was put out on the street..9/16 so I am in need of beds couches chairs.tables eye..

I am needing three queen size mattress. Because my son is over weight and when I get a regular bed his weight breaks the bed down. His mattresses are really worn out. Plus I needs a high a bed cough. My son and me lives off of disablity. I can not afford to buy all things that we need.

Looking for a Queen or King size bed for me and my husband that just got married. 731-733-5036

Where do you live? Can you tell me about yourself. I may be able to help.

I looking for beds for me and my children

Looking for bed for son and me and wondering if there was anybordy help us am low income. I live knox maine if anyone. Can help us.

Need a referrel to help me with free furniture

My name is Melissa and I am disabled looking for help with sheets, pillow cases, blankets, curtain, and food. Is there some one that could me out?

Call st Vincent de Paul they will give you a brand new mattress for free with the box spring and frame all brand new

you can also checkout Home Makers of Hope.
2900 E 7th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605

Phone: (813) 495-3355

I am unable to work and have filed for disability; the wait is been long. I need a full size mattress as space is limited. I have been out of work and have no money. Any help would be appreciated.

I am low income and on disability. I am needing a a bed. I sleep on the floor and can't afford a bed. I hate sleeping on the floor it's hard and uncomfortable.

Thank you God bless

I need a good mattress. A medium firm mattress would need to be fairly cheap. My mattress is way too plush with no springs. I have gained weight due to health reasons and am at the mercy of whatever support that would help. I do not know where to turn. I am a single grandfather, raising one grandchild and am disabled. I would prefer a middle of the road mattress not firm and not completely squishy. Pain rules my life right now and I would like to have less pain in my life.

Are there any organizations that might be able to help? Are there other options that I might try? I would be more than happy to help with the cost, but the prices are outrageous.

I would be forever grateful for help. I am on disability and most of my money goes for paying the bills.

I'm disabled on SSI and SSD with 750$ monthly income with a family of 4. We moved into a home with bed bugs. The mattresses are infested now- family getting horribly bitten.

I need help getting some beds and furniture. I'm a single mother of 3 kids and I just moved to Georgia. I really need some beds for my 3 kids. I will sleep on the floor until I can do better. Please are there any programs that can help me?

I recently moved into an apartment and it took everything I had in the bank to rent this place. I am in great need of a couch, an indoor recliner bed frame and box spring, kitchen table, and two chairs. I am 100% disabled and I can only work part-time. I'm moving from a camper into an apartment and I have no furniture except for one mattress. I'm at the end of my rope. I don't know what else to do if you can help me I would really appreciate it more than you can know.

I recently lost my dog she was blind and deaf and had puppy Alzheimer's. She walked off a week ago and I have not seen her since. I cry every night because I miss her so much and I'm so afraid to leave here in case she comes back, but I have to do for me what I need to do. I left her in God's hands and pray for her everyday. Thank you so very much and God bless you whether you can help me or not.

I need suggestions for finding a free full size bed. It can be used. I am receiving SSI and am sleeping on the floor.

I need a bed frame for my room. My ex left me and my 2 young kids for another woman and I'm unable to get one right now. The one I have had for years is breaking down at the legs. I have a mattress.

Please help.

I am new to the Fort Wayne area. I need help getting assistance for bedroom and living room furniture. I am on disability for a severe back problem called scoliosis. I get my 13 year old son every weekend and we sleep on his futon bed in my living room. My son does not have a normal bedroom like a 13 year old should have. I lost my furniture to rent a center because I absolutely couldn't pay for it. I was in a hurry to get my son a room of his own and went way above my head in payments to Rent A Center.
I need help please. I don't know where to go.

I need plates and flatware and a small table w/two chairs. A bed was donated already. Standard cleaning supplies would be great too. I've been 3 years homeless since my condo was foreclosed after I lost my job and then became disabled. I'm still fighting for SSDI in federal court now.

Thank you all.

I had been homeless for 16 mos. I finally found a place to live a couple of weeks ago. I'm 60 yrs old and I don't have one piece of furniture. I need a couch, end tables, a kitchen table and chairs. How would I be able to get a furniture voucher? I live in Blaine, Ohio.

TY

In need of a bed. We are on disability and can't afford to get a bed. My husband just had open heart surgery so I'm trying to get some help. Can anyone suggest where to go?

How can my daughter get free furniture for herself and her daughter for their home? She is a single mother, working, but low income. They sleep on the floor. They have no furniture at all.

Better Living Charity AdviceFebruary 23, 2017
🐛
😷
🌻
👒

Generated 2020-04-14 06:32:55 in 3 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️