Organizations That Help Low Income Families Get Free Furniture

Buying furniture is an expensive undertaking. Families struggling on low incomes often are unable to buy or replace their furniture without some type of assistance. This is a guide about organizations that assist low income families get free furniture.

I am in need of a new bed, some furniture, and most of all a car. My husband is on SSD and I am going through a lot with my health and am not able to work at this time. Most of our money goes towards rent and electric. We can barely pay that. How can I get a charity to help me get furniture, a bed, and a car?

By Gina

Answers

Best Answer

Ask your church if they can help you or make suggestions. Many groups that help people in a community let churches know they are available. For that matter many people in your church may volunteer for groups that help people. If you don't go to church it may be time to start (but go to one you haven't asked for help from).

Best Answer

There is a web site that is called Freecycle, you can find the groups in your area and join. They post items that they will give away and you can ask for items.

I have fallen on hard times, but am managing. My son and I are in desperate need of mattresses, mine more so. I'm currently sleeping on a 27 year old king size that was in the house when we moved here 5 years ago. My back is in a pit and I am starting to struggle day to day. I have tried loans and credit desperately trying to get some. Does anyone know of any charities or organisations that could help?

Please x

Answers

You can always place a request on Craigslist or Freecycle for help with this but remember, the pick up and delivery may be up to you to provide no matter who helps you so always be sure of the conditions in the offer.
Cleanliness is a prime concern if you are offered a used/preowned mattress as bedbugs are many times a disaster just waiting to get you.
If you are on any government entitlement programs (medicaid, food stamps) there are agencies that might be able to help you. The Salvation Army, Habitat will also help if they have anything available. A service that is rarely used one from Ashley furniture so if you have one of there stores in your area you should call them and ask about their free bed assistance program.

https://www.ash  /a-hope-to-dream

You may even have a nextdoor neighbor program near you.

https://nextdoor.com/

Here is a link that has some suggestions:

http://www.need  e_furniture.html

I would contact a local church

I would go to the "freebies" section of your local craigslist.

On Craigslist, under free - you can perhaps see if anyone is giving away mattresses. Preferably they just purchased a new one and getting rid of their own old.

If they can haul to your home that would be nice and maybe give them beer money, or a small tip for their time + gas.

If you are on a budget and can afford a new mattress I would suggest buying an air bed. The mattresses are firm and comfortable. The king size sells for around 60 dollars I believe.

Dennisguyton@gmail.com
I am a elderly women have being homeless do to my old landlord of 6 yrs sold the property he only give me a 30 day notice I thought that he probably would let me stay until I fine a place all my stuff was put out on the street..9/16 so I am in need of beds couches chairs.tables eye..