Roof Repair for Low Income Homeowners

Category Roof
Low income homeowners often can not afford the cost of roof repairs. Searching for agencies or organizations that might help with the costs may be their only solution. This is a guide about roof repair for low income homeowners.

I need a new roof, but I can't afford one. Is there any agency where I can get some help?

Answers

Best Answer

Try this site for low income home repair assistance:

www.rd.usda.gov/.../single-family-housing-repair-loans...

I am a low income widow in need of finding a grant to assist with roof repair. I am having very bad leaks.

By June

Answers

Best Answer

I do not know what state or even "country" you live in but it may be difficult to acquire a "grant" for roof repair. You may be able to find a local organization that sometimes help families in very needy situations.

Perhaps you could check with your church to see if they will help or if they have a list of organizations that help in these situations. There may also be a list of organizations in your local telephone book - generally in the front - that you can call for information. Also dialing 211 in your area may help you find someone to help.

I can tell you that help may not be plentiful right now and the criteria is very strict - but if you qualify - someone may be able to do repairs - but not a completely new roof.

Best Answer

Sometime your local City or County Community Service will help you or have someone who will do it cheap, my Husband was working part time as a Roofer for Mobile Homes and ran into a "trailer Park of Elderly people" that needed their Roofs patched. He didn't hesitate to fix them just for cost. He knew they didn't have much money. He's passed on now but there's other good hearted people out there. so call the City Community Service, under your City's name, and ask.

Best Answer

If you are in the United States, apply for Energy Assistance. It is a national program, LIHEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program), which is administered by each state.

Call 211 to find out where you would apply. I worked for them years ago, and know that there is a section on the application that asks if you need some type of help repairing your home, including the roof.

I live alone and need mobile home repairs. The roof is leaking and the floor caved in. I live in a park and still have a mortgage. I am low income and live in Fruitland. Md. Are there any agencies that can help me?

I'm on disability and need help with getting a new roof. Where can I get help please?

Answers

Best Answer

The US Department of Agriculture provides loans and grants to senior citizens and disabled persons. Go to this website to see if you qualify: https://www.rd.  air-loans-grants

Where can I get help with roof repairs?

My roof had a tree fall on it. I have been in cancer remission almost 3 years now. I have custody of 2 of my grandkids. They are 4 & 5. The 5 year old has autism & ADHD and the 4 year old is newly diagnosed with junior idiopathic arthritis. I am 60 years old and I make $12.12 an hour.

I am getting food stamps and daycare help from the state. My 19 year old also lives with me with her 6 month old. She is a caregiver for the 5 year old with autism so I can work. I have 7 holes in my roof with a tarp on it. I need any help I can get. Thank You.

Answers

Best Answer

The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:
www.BenefitsCheckUp.org
This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.

Benefit Types:
Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.
To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.
Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.
Benefits Enrollment Center
It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:

https://www.ncoa.org/

I am 50 years old and legally blind. I live in West Virginia. The roof is collapsing on my house. I have the materials to replace it, but I can't afford to pay anyone to do the labor. I receive Social Security disability and used all my back pay money to buy the supplies. I need to find someone to do the labor.

Answers

Best Answer

I personally would speak with HUD and see what they can do to help you. You should be able to talk with your social worker and ask them for help. Considering you are legally blind you have special benefits and assistance.

Best Answer

Here is a page so you can contact HUD for help:

https://portal.  housing/contacts

I am 56 years old and I have a leaky roof. I'm on disability; where can I find help?

Answers

Best Answer

Contact hud.org or Habitat For Humanity

Best Answer

You can try here first as they do not usually take as long to reply as most government agencies.

http://www.prog  ritical-care.php

I'm 80 and have cancer and can no longer work and now I live on SS. I need a new roof and can't afford to pay for one. I live in south Florida and it's summer time which means it rains a lot and my roof has many leaks. Where can I find help?

Answers

Best Answer

US Administration on Aging 800.677.1116 www.eldercare.gov-financial, employment, legal & caregiving help
www.BenefitsCheckUp.org
Benefit Types:
Benefits Enrollment Center
www.NCOA.org/centerforbenefits/becs
BottomLinePersonal.com050116-DCA

*
SENIOR REPAIRS
You can try this agency for possible help-scroll down to your state for the correct agency.
http://www.elde  te-resources.htm

My husband is a retired veteran of the United States Air Force. He was diagnosed with COPD a couple of years ago. We experienced roofing damage during hurricane Matthew and tried to get help through FEMA, but because we have home owner's insurance, they couldn't help. Our deductible is $2500 and we just don't have that kind of money. I am the only one working. How do I find out how to get help? It's caused extensive ceiling damage in our family room, our kitchen floor is buckled and tiles are coming up, there's a smell in kitchen corner and it has caused floor damage in our bathroom.

I'm in dire need of a roof and can't get a loan. I'm the only income in my home and make under 30,000 a year. Community assistance is overwhelmed with people needing assistance. Does anyone have suggestions for me? I live in Alabama. I'm really stressed and can't get help from anywhere.

Answers

Best Answer

I live in North West Florida-Pensacola and we have a "211" number you can call for all needs...check & see if you have that service in your area....also Catholic Social Services & United Way are wonderful help!

Best Answer

Call your township and ask for help some have contractors that you can call who will give you a discounted rate. If all else fails start getting figures on patching the roof. My township has a program that will loan you the money to put a new roof on and you don't have to payback the money unless you sell your house but that's for seniors only. I live in Illinois.

I am a pre-k teacher in South Dakota, living way below the low income line. My roof is in desperate need of repair. I have water coming in. I have a great credit score which allows me to apply for any loan I want, but I can not afford any extra payments a month due to my tight budget.

I'm already selling off my personal belongings just to make payments on my winter utilities. I was hoping to find some kind of grant or organization that helps with free roof repairs. I'm so lost on what I can do to fix this huge problem before it gets any worse. Please help me!

By Ms. J

Answers

Best Answer

You didn't say if you are a Senior or how big the leak is. If you are a Senior there might be a State program to help seniors get a new roof. In my state they pay all of the roofer's bill and charge you 6% per yr on the cost. The only time you pay for it is when you sell or move out of the house. Call your town hall to find a Senior Services Dept.

Check you homeowner's insurance policy-if the damage is the result of bad weather they will give you money to repair or replace the roof. For this I suggest that you call at least 3 roofing company's and get their expert opinions. Keep in mind all that water coming into your house could be damaging your walls and supporting roof beams. Mold is another bad problem-once it starts it can make you very sick so get this leak fixed asap. If you sell the house and the home inspector discovers it has mold it could cost you $20.00 per square foot or more to remove it.

If it's a small leak go to a big box type store for some roof repair goop that can be painted on over the leak area. Ask them for a few names & phone numbers of men who you could hire to do the job for you.

Good luck.

Best Answer

Try Habitat of America call & ask them for help.

Is there any one or place we can go to get help replacing our roof? We have very low income and my son has medical problems. We have no money to get it done.

By Tracy

Answers

Best Answer

I assume you have a social worker with the Department of Social services/Welfare Office. Talk to them, they should know about this nationwide organization that helps with things like that. It is called different names in different towns.

Several years ago, my sister had them do some repairs on her house, but you also have to stay in the house for a certain number of years or pay it back on a pro-rated basis. They also don't rush right in and do the repairs. You do have to meet income guidelines, and just because you feel hard up, doesn't necessarily mean you are.

How old is your son? I assume he receives Medicaid or disability. You should be keeping up with repairs that are needed while they are small, then it wouldn't be so hard to have the repairs made. I am so thankful I sold my house back in 1983 and have lived in apartments since then. When something needs to be repaired I call the manager and it gets taken care of. I didn't get rich selling my house, the proceeds after paying it off had to be split between my ex-husband and myself.

Best Answer

I live in York County, PA and have the same problem. I found out that the York County planning commission has a program for people in our situation. It takes several steps in the process but if it works out it is worth it. It is basically a no interest loan that only comes due if you sell the house. They also provide the contractors. There is an option to use your own but they will have to bid with the others to qualify. Hope this helps! Google stuff in your area for your county's planning commission.

I am wondering what I can do. I am from Louisiana. I've tried to get help, but have hit dead ends every time. I am staying with my mother and father. My mother is sick and my father had back surgery, twice. They are both on disability. I am married and have a 10 month old child. Our home needs a lot of work and I'm running out of money for repairs. I do not know what to do anymore. The roof is leaking really badly and there is mold in the house. There are a lot of other repairs that need to be done. I am the only one working; everyone else is on a fixed income.

We are low income and need our roof repaired. We have a leak right now. I am afraid it will continue to get worse. We just about make our bills as it is. I am at my wits end. Where can I find help?

I live in Minnesota in a mobile home. Our roof is leaking so badly. There are bad stains in every room. I am on Social Security and my partner is in very bad health so we cannot afford to fix it. Can we get help anywhere? I am so desperate to get help with it.

I am looking for help with home repairs. My ceiling is falling in and I don't have the money to get my roof repaired. I live on a fixed income. Can you please suggest how to get help?

Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

Hud.org and Habitat for Humanity can help

I am 51. My roof is falling in and has mold on the outside. My ceilings are also falling in on the inside of my house from the roof leaking. Now I have black mold growing in my installation. I do not have the money to fix this; I live on 735 dollars a month. I cannot get a loan because the house is in such bad shape, and also my credit rating is not good.

I have my daughter living with me and we are staying sick all the time from the mold and it is getting worse by the day. Is there anywhere that I can get help to repair this? I do not have the money to pay for these repairs.

Answers

Best Answer

I would suggest churches, Habitat for Humanity, Family Services, and the Boy Scouts. The reason I say Boy Scouts, is because years ago I know one area where a boy scout started a program to help people in your situation as his Eagle Scout project.

I am in desperate need of a new roof, but I do not have the money. I have tried to get a loan, but my credit is not too good. I am a single mother. Can someone tell me where I can find help?

Answers

Best Answer

There are programs that provide assistance via grants for home repair, however, the process to apply for specific programs takes time and patience.

Good Luck!

I live in Gallup New Mexico. I have guardianship of 3 kids and a single uncle. My roof has been leaking and I need help. We are on a very fixed income. We are looking for a new roof, but can't find the money for it. Is there any agency out there that would help? Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Finding home repair help can be difficult! A very easy online search for "low income home repair new mexico" produced many replies. You can try a search yourself and this US Department of Housing, etc., site to start. The people there will try to help you or suggest other resources.

http://portal.h  ship/homerepairs

Load More