Getting Financial Assistance for Roof Repairs

Category Roof
When your roof is starting to fail it is important to get it fixed as soon as possible. This guide is about getting financial assistance for roof repairs.

I need help, including donated materials and a licensed company, to help bring my roof up to city codes. I do not have the money to pay for this work. Is there any way that I can get the help that I need?

Answers

You didn't say where you live. But, you can go on line and find the nearest energy trust or energy assistance program and they can often help.

While I don't know how Habitat for Humanities works, might it be worthwhile asking them to help you with your place in exchange for hours you volunteer?

credit is not that good... need a roof really bad. Inverness Florida.

Do they have that in alabama

I do own my home.in the Los Angeles, California area.. .. but i have a medical condition that prevent me for working a long period of time. and i really needs my roof fix... and i really need it fix... I pray that there some one that can help me.. out there

My neighbor who is 93 years of age has a house that is also 93 years of age. It does not show a lot of damage to the home, still she does need some repairs. Also she really needs a roof put on. Without that roof she can lose her home insurance within three months. Once meeting her you wouldn't think that she is 93. She is very sweet. How can I find her some help?

By Nancy I. from Augusta, GA

Answers

Best Answer

The best thing to do would be to call your local Office of Aging. I don't know if that's what it will be called in your area, but there is usually some place similar in most areas. They will be able to direct you to what programs are available. My in-laws had a furnace put in and the bill was only due when the house was sold (a lien). It worked out very well for them. I hope there's a good program close to you. Good luck.

How can I receive help with the repairing of my roof? I need a donation of materials and a licensed contractor to do the repair. I do not have the money to pay for the work. I'm willing to set up some kind of payment plan. Is there any way I can get the help I need? I have less than 3 weeks to have it repaired. Thank you.

Answers

I have little to no money just started working again I have a shake roof that's over 25 years old needs replacement immediately.... I have no money what are my options

I have no income. Senior citizen need help putting roof on my house and need other work too. Husband is disable too. Who can i turn too for help in birmingham al.

I have a neighbor who is a single mom. She desperately needs a new roof with much wood replacement and many other repairs to her home. She has no income, but does own the home. Can someone please refer me to someone who can help her in the Jacksonville, Florida.

Answers

THis is the site for he Low Income HOusing Authority. They shoudl provide you with useful information. http://www.jaxh … lic-housing-faqs

You can contact local churches. People like helping others in need.

I am looking for assistance for roof repair

Do you know any government programs that can assist me in repairing my roof? I am a single mother of 3 kids. I can not afford to repair my roof. I don't make a lot of money at my job and I pay all my bills by myself. I have no money left after I pay my bills and I really need a new roof on my home. Please help me!

Answers

Here is the link for repairs from usa.gov.

Here is a link to help:

https://www.hom … /new-roof/grants

Are there grants for roof repairs for the elderly living in Lithonia, Georgia?

Answers

Try this site for possible help:

SENIORS-National Council On Aging (NCOA)
The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:
www.BenefitsCheckUp.org
This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.
Benefit Types
Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.
To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.
Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.
Benefits Enrollment Center
It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:
www.NCOA.org/centerforbenefits/becs

My roof is leaking badly. I am so deep in debt that I can't buy roofing materials. My husband can do the work, but I need to know if anyone knows of an organization or something that can help me get the materials to do it with? I live in Clinton, Oklahoma. Thanks in advance.

Answers

Check in your area and see if Habitat for Humanity has a store reasonably close to you. I don't know what the stores would be called, but they sell a lot of donated items for a real reasonable price. Also if you belong to a church talk to the pastor and maybe they will take up a special offering to help you with the materials or maybe even a member of the congregation can donate the materials.

I'm looking for a grant to fix my 40 year old roof. This past winter it was leaking in 4 different places. I'm 66yrs old, on Social Security, and can not afford to pay for a roof and ceiling fixtures. Where I can get some help? Please!

Answers

You can try this site for help in your state.

http://www.elde … te-resources.htm

I am a widow living in my house with the roof leaking. It is so bad I had to cover it with a tarpaulin. The insurance company refuses to sell me insurance because the roof is leaking right now. I am going thought some hardships. Is there any way I can get some help?

By Gardner J

Answers

Check with your County Offices - the local Housing Finance Association (HFA) or HUD (Office of Housing and Urban Development) often have low income emergency home repair programs that can help you. You can also check with local churches, senior centers and see if they can connect you with local resources that can help.

I need a new roof, but I don't have the money to get it done.
I'm unemployed and I've started my Social Security.
Do you know someone who can help me with this expense?

By SP from Fountain Inn, SC

Answers

If you are elderly call your town hall and see if your area has a program where if your real estate taxes are paid you can finance a new roof at 6% interest and you can pay it off when you sell the house years later.

Load More