Financial Assistance for Roof Repair

How can I receive help with the repairing of my roof? I need a donation of materials and a licensed contractor to do the repair. I do not have the money to pay for the work. I'm willing to set up some kind of payment plan. Is there any way I can get the help I need? I have less than 3 weeks to have it repaired. Thank you.

I have little to no money just started working again I have a shake roof that's over 25 years old needs replacement immediately.... I have no money what are my options

This is a blanket answer to all who placed a question here.

Please check with your city to see if it has a Homeowner's Rehabilitation program. Most major cities do. If you meet the requirements you may qualify for a loan to have most any repair/replacement work done to your home. Most cities will only concern themselves with issues that do not currently meet city code.
It is possible that roofing, wiring, plumbing, insulation and a host of other items could be covered under the city's policy.

Each city's program is different and often there are several programs offered by a city. Where a person may not qualify to participate in one program, they may in another. Some loans are at a very low interest rate. Many loans are completely deferred/forgiven.

I saw only one question with a cited city, that being Birmingham AL. I checked with that city. They do have a Homeowner's Rehabilitation Program. The basic requirements to qualify for participation in the program are:

WHO IS ELIGIBLE

Income under 120% Average Median Income
Proof of primary residence
Proper insurance coverage
Attend two workshops on Financial Fitness
Additional guidelines available through our office.

I urge all of you who are insured homeowners who for whatever reason are unable pay for repairs/replacements that would bring your home up to city code standards, to check with your city to see if it has a Homeowners Rehabilitation Program.

Many cities also have an Emergency Rehabilitation Program. With this program, less funds are available and the city would only be concerned with such issues as a roof being in such disrepair as to be dangerous. Once emergency issues are resolved, the participant could then apply for participation in other programs dealing with less urgent issues.

I live in a rural town of 400. Your suggestions are good but goodness, we do not even have a police officer let alone ability to pay water via card. No services available such as you suggest. I was fine until husband died, without health insurance, which wiped out my retirement lifetime savings paying cancer treatments by cash for 18 months.

Now shake roof needs replacement ..wood is in bad shape.. and no cash or lending. Credit great but income not. I have no debt so it is easy to live on a tiny income but not lendable. No bus here. no grocery store or gas so getting min wage extra at 67 is rough. Ideas?

Home and Garden Repair Home RoofJuly 12, 2016
🌻
🐛
📓
😎