Financial Assistance for Roof Repair

How can I receive help with the repairing of my roof? I need a donation of materials and a licensed contractor to do the repair. I do not have the money to pay for the work. I'm willing to set up some kind of payment plan. Is there any way I can get the help I need? I have less than 3 weeks to have it repaired. Thank you.

I have little to no money just started working again I have a shake roof that's over 25 years old needs replacement immediately.... I have no money what are my options

I have no income. Senior citizen need help putting roof on my house and need other work too. Husband is disable too. Who can i turn too for help in birmingham al.

This is a blanket answer to all who placed a question here.

Please check with your city to see if it has a Homeowner's Rehabilitation program. Most major cities do. If you meet the requirements you may qualify for a loan to have most any repair/replacement work done to your home. Most cities will only concern themselves with issues that do not currently meet city code.

It is possible that roofing, wiring, plumbing, insulation and a host of other items could be covered under the city's policy.

Each city's program is different and often there are several programs offered by a city. Where a person may not qualify to participate in one program, they may in another. Some loans are at a very low interest rate. Many loans are completely deferred/forgiven.

I saw only one question with a cited city, that being Birmingham AL. I checked with that city. They do have a Homeowner's Rehabilitation Program. The basic requirements to qualify for participation in the program are:

WHO IS ELIGIBLE

Income under 120% Average Median Income
Proof of primary residence
Proper insurance coverage
Attend two workshops on Financial Fitness
Additional guidelines available through our office.

I urge all of you who are insured homeowners who for whatever reason are unable pay for repairs/replacements that would bring your home up to city code standards, to check with your city to see if it has a Homeowners Rehabilitation Program.

Many cities also have an Emergency Rehabilitation Program. With this program, less funds are available and the city would only be concerned with such issues as a roof being in such disrepair as to be dangerous. Once emergency issues are resolved, the participant could then apply for participation in other programs dealing with less urgent issues.