Finding Help With Home Repairs?

My neighbor who is 93 years of age has a house that is also 93 years of age. It does not show a lot of damage to the home, still she does need some repairs. Also she really needs a roof put on. Without that roof she can lose her home insurance within three months. Once meeting her you wouldn't think that she is 93. She is very sweet. How can I find her some help?


By Nancy I. from Augusta, GA

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

November 15, 20141 found this helpful
Best Answer

The best thing to do would be to call your local Office of Aging. I don't know if that's what it will be called in your area, but there is usually some place similar in most areas. They will be able to direct you to what programs are available. My in-laws had a furnace put in and the bill was only due when the house was sold (a lien). It worked out very well for them. I hope there's a good program close to you. Good luck.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
May 22, 20181 found this helpful

I am a disabled single woman who has a leaking Roof. I have no money for repairs, or a new roof.


I need some one to help me. I have several programs and get any help. Can you please help me.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
November 15, 20140 found this helpful

Call 211. It's the number for the United Fund. They will have places you can call in your area.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 17, 20140 found this helpful

You could check with the welfare office in your area. I'm not sure what it is called, but they must know of a program that would help.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
January 25, 20171 found this helpful

I'm a 46 year old mother I live with my son of 13 and I don't have the money to get my roof fixed so I need some kind of help please my roof leaks in the middle room and the back room thank you.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
November 26, 20180 found this helpful

Check with your local Habit for Humanity. They can help you with your roof as they are allowed to do rehab on homes for older persons and people with disabilities.


Also, call your local Rural Development Office and see if you qualify for a grant for repairs to help you stay in your home.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!


In This Page
Home and Garden Repair Home RoofNovember 14, 2014
Easter Ideas!
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2021-03-05 20:11:33 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.