Finding Help With Home Repairs

My neighbor who is 93 years of age has a house that is also 93 years of age. It does not show a lot of damage to the home, still she does need some repairs. Also she really needs a roof put on. Without that roof she can lose her home insurance within three months. Once meeting her you wouldn't think that she is 93. She is very sweet. How can I find her some help?

By Nancy I. from Augusta, GA

Best Answer

The best thing to do would be to call your local Office of Aging. I don't know if that's what it will be called in your area, but there is usually some place similar in most areas. They will be able to direct you to what programs are available. My in-laws had a furnace put in and the bill was only due when the house was sold (a lien). It worked out very well for them. I hope there's a good program close to you. Good luck.

Call 211. It's the number for the United Fund. They will have places you can call in your area.

You could check with the welfare office in your area. I'm not sure what it is called, but they must know of a program that would help.

I'm a 46 year old mother I live with my son of 13 and I don't have the money to get my roof fixed so I need some kind of help please my roof leaks in the middle room and the back room thank you.