Help for Low Income Family With Roof Repairs

I am a low income widow in need of finding a grant to assist with roof repair. I am having very bad leaks.

By June

Best Answer

I do not know what state or even "country" you live in but it may be difficult to acquire a "grant" for roof repair. You may be able to find a local organization that sometimes help families in very needy situations.

Perhaps you could check with your church to see if they will help or if they have a list of organizations that help in these situations. There may also be a list of organizations in your local telephone book - generally in the front - that you can call for information. Also dialing 211 in your area may help you find someone to help.

I can tell you that help may not be plentiful right now and the criteria is very strict - but if you qualify - someone may be able to do repairs - but not a completely new roof.

Best Answer

Sometime your local City or County Community Service will help you or have someone who will do it cheap, my Husband was working part time as a Roofer for Mobile Homes and ran into a "trailer Park of Elderly people" that needed their Roofs patched. He didn't hesitate to fix them just for cost. He knew they didn't have much money. He's passed on now but there's other good hearted people out there. so call the City Community Service, under your City's name, and ask.

Anonymous

My sister.is legally blind her husband is disable my,sister is drawing a check from Medicare and her husband is receiving a social security ....they lived in a trailer park they are buying the trailer its a 1974 it needs a roof and the floor has a soft spots it needs to be replaced and it needs new windows and new under pinning ....is there any way you can help them to get these things done ....she goes to doctor every month for her heart ,she have a value and the blood has to be checked to,see if it not to thin or thick.. Jis5 checking to see what's our there that can,help them

Best Answer

If you are in the United States, apply for Energy Assistance. It is a national program, LIHEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program), which is administered by each state.

Call 211 to find out where you would apply. I worked for them years ago, and know that there is a section on the application that asks if you need some type of help repairing your home, including the roof.

Anonymous

I am doing this for my sister she lives in a 1974 trailer . she needs a new roof windows and the floor fixed and new underpinning . if this is some thing you do you can contact me my name is Barbara Miller phone 423 548 7355. Thanks Katie appreciate anything you can do to help them