Finding Plumbing Repair Help for Low Income Homeowners

Category Plumbing
Plumbing repairs may be too expensive for many low income homeowners. However they are quite necessary for health and even safety. Finding a source of assistance to reduce the costs can help. This is a page about finding plumbing repair help for low income homeowners.

My mother is 59 years old, low income, and doesn't have the money to fix her sink in a bathroom. How can she get help?

Answers

Best Answer

I am an Home Health Aide and a lot of the elders I take care of go through the Ageing and Disability for similar things like this. They don't take too long to answer you back seeing as they are all for helping out elders who can't work and are in need of assistance.

Try going to your County Ageing and Disability offices, they should be able to help your mother with getting help to apply for any assistance she might need and finding an affordable company. They might even just pay for the whole thing even if she isn't qualified for any assistance through their company, they are usually great with helping out with these things. Good luck!

I am a single lady with a very low income and am disabled. I noticed that I have a cracked sewer pipe in my basement. How can I get assistance in having this repaired soon?

Answers

Best Answer

Go to your state Environmental and sanitary department and they should have on their list of things they should have for low income people that can't afford it, and home winterization programs does it to

I work for a disabled low income man in Noble, Oklahoma. His hot water heater went out over 2 months ago. He can't afford to replace it. He applied twice for assistance through a foundation from his electric company, but has been denied both times.

Does anyone know of a program that he can get help through?

Answers

Best Answer

If he can afford to have somebody work for him he should be able to afford a new hot water heater. Of course there is a possibility that you are being paid through the Department of Social Services.

I am disabled and own my home. The main water line into my house needs to be replaced due to tree roots. I have no way to pay for this large job and I don't know where to turn for help. What can I do?

By Beth

Answers

Best Answer

HUD is there to help repair home for people on a fixed income or disable. You should make an appointment with the office near you and see if you qualify for assistance.

I live in Lakewood Colorado. I need help paying for my sewer line to get repaired; what can I do? I can't afford to get it fixed and it keeps backing up in my laundry room. I didn't have a sculpt and they said it was cracked, but I just need some help on getting it repaired. I have no extra money. Money is very tight right now.

Please help.

Answers

If you are on a budget or even low income you can try and visit HUD in your area. They offer help to people like you that need home repairs and don't have the funds to spare. I would start there or you can also check a few Government agencies online that can offer you a loan at a very low-interest rate (at times you do not have to pay these back depending on your circumstances) that you can apply for.

I woke up this morning to a collapsed ceiling in my daughter's closet. There is a leak in the upstairs bathroom. We have no money, are in bankruptcy, and in danger of losing our home. How can I get low cost or free plumbing help?

Answers

This one could prove to be difficult if the bank is trying to take your home away from you. There are government agencies out there that can help you out. HUD is one of them. You can also go to local churches and talk with people to see if they are willing to come and help out and fix up your home for you.

You best bet is a government agency or even a social worker if you are in this much debt and going to lose your home. They will be the best ones to help out and offer you some assistance.

I need someone to move a drain in a basement floor. I am retired, and on a fixed income. I can probably dig around the drain pipe, and also fill in the hole. I just need the drain moved about 3 or 4 inches over, but I'm afraid if I don't get it right there will be leaks. How or where can I get someone to move the drain?

Answers

Hi,

I would call around to local churches and see if they have anyone who can help. Also places where people are recovering from addiction, will often have people who will do work like this for a small donation. In my town, the organization is called Recovering Warriors.

Blessings,

Robyn

Try Habitat for Humanity

Where are you located? Many cities and states have programs to help seniors in need. If you post back, I may be able to help locate legitimate sources.

Hi,

Many of the local food pantries offer financial help for this type 9f sitiation.

Blessings,

Robyn

I'm low income and my hot water heater went out. I don't have the money to go out and buy one.

Is there anyone that can help me find a charity or agency that might help? I live in Fenton MO.

Answers

You could try social services, HUD.org, or Habitat for Humanity.

Have you tried your liehp program:

dss.mo.gov/.../

Ours in Pittsburgh is helpful. Start there and they may know of other resources.

Prayers for you and yours and wishing you a good solution!

You may want to search for your state. Not sure where you're from but this is an example for my state: California

Example:
www.socalgas.com/.../energy-savings-assistance-program
www.benefits.gov/.../1540

Edit, I apologize, you wrote Fenton, MO.

dss.mo.gov/.../

I just moved and found out that the dog that lived here before my dogs had gotten parvo. Is it too late to give them their shots?

My drain under my kitchen sink is totally clogged. I, and a few friends, have tried everything. I'm a 60 year old woman who lives alone and I'm on a fixed income. Where can I get assistance for plumbing in Kitsap County, Washington?

Answers

There seems to be a great many organizations in Kitsap County, Washington but you will have to contact each agency and complete their paperwork - usually can be done in person or online.

Most people start with HUD and Habitat for Humanity as they have a lot of programs for low income seniors.

I have some links but others are readily available if you check Google with your zip code.

www.hud.gov/.../homerepairs
lowincomerelief.com/.../

www.housingkitsap.org/

www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=GqwxXcb3Oda1tAaOpJqIAg...

My grandmother's pipes are all messed up. They're all still old clay pipes. She had a plumber come out and look at them and they said one of them must have given out because there was so much mud (we initially thought it was just a clogged line). He gave us an estimate of 6k to dig up the pipes and replace with PVC. She lives alone and is a senior citizen whose only income is her SSI. Are there any programs or a way for her to get help to get this done?

The pipes have gotten so bad that it's just spilling water and sewage into her basement. We have looked into options of doing it ourselves, but are still running into the issue of having to get permits for everything and finding the time since we work full time jobs and have kids and of course the weather right now as well isn't the best.
Located in Iowa.

Answers

I would look into the Council on Aging and HUD.org. I would also notify social services and local churches.

Perhaps this program in Sioux City can help point you in the right direction:

www.sioux-city.org/.../programs

Prayers that you find some help through an organization.

You could always set up a go fund me for her to pay for the repairs.
www.gofundme.com/sign-up

I would be sure to get 3 quotes before settling on a fixer. 6K sounds high, but if it is that serious, that may be a valid price.

Post back what you learn!

Hi,

There are thousands of people, or more, just like you and in the same situation. I would call AARP and ask if they have programs that can help homeowners with repair bills.

Here is their number: 888-687-2277

Also, I agree with the suggestion to get more than one opinion on what it would cost to have the pipes fixed.

Blessings,

Robyn

My water heater leaks. I have kids in the home and no money. It is starting to have a odor. Any ideas for finding help to fix it?

By Cheyanna T.

Answers

If it is gas, it needs to be disconnected asap. If it is leaking it is not safe and will be making your water bill go up. A leaking hotwater heater usually has to be replaced, unless it is leaking from a connection.

Call your local church. People like to help others in need.

I was recently laid off from a job after 27 years and I am struggling just to meet bills. I have apparently developed a leak in the slab of my house and my water bill has quadrupled. I really need this repaired ASAP. Is there anyone out there that can help me with this situation?

By Valerie T

I need to have my water heater replaced. It's starting to leak. Where or who on Staten Island, New York can help a low income senior citizen?

By Mary from Staten Island, NY

Home and Garden Repair Home PlumbingApril 13, 2018
🎃
🌻
🎂