Roof Repair for Low Income Homeowners

I'm 80 and have cancer and can no longer work and now I live on SS. I need a new roof and can't afford to pay for one. I live in south Florida and it's summer time which means it rains a lot and my roof has many leaks. Where can I find help?

Best Answer

US Administration on Aging 800.677.1116 www.eldercare.gov-financial, employment, legal & caregiving help
The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:
www.BenefitsCheckUp.org
This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.

Benefit Types:
Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.
To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.
Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.
Benefits Enrollment Center
It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:

www.NCOA.org/centerforbenefits/becs
BottomLinePersonal.com050116-DCA

*
SENIOR REPAIRS
You can try this agency for possible help-scroll down to your state for the correct agency.
www.eldercaredirectory.org/state-resources.htm

This was the most helpful comment to me. Thank you for your information and knowledge in this subject and giving me the resources needed to further help. I really appreciated the benefits checker, awesome search tool for specific advice.

Go to hud.org, and you will find information for your state.

You can apply for up to $20,000 for repair help here for your state:

www.rd.usda.gov/fl

My roof is leaking in many rooms in my home please help I am disabled. Where can Iget this help?

Habitat has an excellent program for helping senors with critical home repairs.

You can contact them from this website:

www.programsforelderly.com/housing-habitat-for-humanity-critical...