Roof Repair Assistance for Low Income Homeowners

I am looking for help with home repairs. My ceiling is falling in and I don't have the money to get my roof repaired. I live on a fixed income. Can you please suggest how to get help?

Thank you.

Best Answer

Hud.org and Habitat for Humanity can help

I would start with the local church I attend. Talk with the pastor or priest. Explain your problem. Maybe they will announce this on Sunday services. There are a lot of kind people out there that are willing to help out.

Also contact a few elderly centers and explain your problem. They might know a few charities in your area that are willing to help.

I know online now a days a lot of people ask for help on Facebook or other social media accounts. This is yet another way to find someone to help you.

You could ask your church for help. Department of public welfare even if you are on low income and don't qualify for welfare they may know of some places that go by your income and you can get free repairs.

Mayor's office for your city and state. Senior citizen centers.