Home Repair Assistance for Low Income Homeowners?

I am wondering what I can do. I am from Louisiana. I've tried to get help, but have hit dead ends every time. I am staying with my mother and father. My mother is sick and my father had back surgery, twice. They are both on disability. I am married and have a 10 month old child. Our home needs a lot of work and I'm running out of money for repairs. I do not know what to do anymore. The roof is leaking really badly and there is mold in the house. There are a lot of other repairs that need to be done. I am the only one working; everyone else is on a fixed income.


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

December 15, 20170 found this helpful
Best Answer

Regarding your parents for possible assistance:

SENIORS-National Council On Aging (NCOA)
US Administration on Aging 800.677.1116

The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:

This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.


Benefit Types:
Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.
To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.
Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.
Benefits Enrollment Center
It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states. Visit the online site for locations:


You can try this agency for possible help-scroll down to your state for the correct agency.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 14, 20170 found this helpful

Contact HUD.org

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 15, 20170 found this helpful

Financial help for home repairs.

Step 1
Here is a link for low income grants www.hud.gov/.../sfh

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
March 13, 20180 found this helpful

My home is very needed for a roof and other repairs my husband is low income and disabled he needs help

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!


In This Page
Home and Garden Repair HomeDecember 14, 2017
Summer Ideas!
Coronavirus Tips
Back to School Ideas!
Pest Control
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2020-08-05 13:16:29 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.