Finding a Organization to Help Get a Mattress

I have fallen on hard times, but am managing. My son and I are in desperate need of mattresses, mine more so. I'm currently sleeping on a 27 year old king size that was in the house when we moved here 5 years ago. My back is in a pit and I am starting to struggle day to day. I have tried loans and credit desperately trying to get some. Does anyone know of any charities or organisations that could help?

Please x

You can always place a request on Craigslist or Freecycle for help with this but remember, the pick up and delivery may be up to you to provide no matter who helps you so always be sure of the conditions in the offer.
Cleanliness is a prime concern if you are offered a used/preowned mattress as bedbugs are many times a disaster just waiting to get you.
If you are on any government entitlement programs (medicaid, food stamps) there are agencies that might be able to help you. The Salvation Army, Habitat will also help if they have anything available. A service that is rarely used one from Ashley furniture so if you have one of there stores in your area you should call them and ask about their free bed assistance program.

www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com/a-hope-to-dream

You may even have a nextdoor neighbor program near you.

nextdoor.com/

Here is a link that has some suggestions:

www.needhelppayingbills.com/.../help_in_finding_free_furniture.html

Looking for a Queen or King size bed for me and my husband that just got married. 731-733-5036

Looking for bed for son and me and wondering if there was anybordy help us am low income. I live knox maine if anyone. Can help us.

Need a referrel to help me with free furniture

Call st Vincent de Paul they will give you a brand new mattress for free with the box spring and frame all brand new

I would contact a local church

I would go to the "freebies" section of your local craigslist.

Dennisguyton@gmail.com
I am a elderly women have being homeless do to my old landlord of 6 yrs sold the property he only give me a 30 day notice I thought that he probably would let me stay until I fine a place all my stuff was put out on the street..9/16 so I am in need of beds couches chairs.tables eye..

I am needing three queen size mattress. Because my son is over weight and when I get a regular bed his weight breaks the bed down.

His mattresses are really worn out. Plus I needs a high a bed cough. My son and me lives off of disablity. I can not afford to buy all things that we need.

Where do you live? Can you tell me about yourself. I may be able to help.

you can also checkout Home Makers of Hope.
2900 E 7th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605

Phone: (813) 495-3355

www.ahopetodream.com/ hope this helps I have been homeless before

On Craigslist, under free - you can perhaps see if anyone is giving away mattresses. Preferably they just purchased a new one and getting rid of their own old.

If they can haul to your home that would be nice and maybe give them beer money, or a small tip for their time + gas.

I looking for beds for me and my children

If you are on a budget and can afford a new mattress I would suggest buying an air bed. The mattresses are firm and comfortable. The king size sells for around 60 dollars I believe.

The air bed is very comfortable, however, you need to put a blanket or something between it and the floor cuz mine ended up getting tiny holes that I never could find to patch. By morning I'd wake up encased in my flat air bed. But the best one I've had was from walmart... just plug it and it blew itself up in less than a minute.

My name is Melissa and I am disabled looking for help with sheets, pillow cases, blankets, curtain, and food. Is there some one that could me out?