Donating Christmas Gift Wrapping to Charity?

While there may be a few organizations that would appreciate a donation of wrapping paper, ribbon, bows, etc. one that rises to the top as a first choice is Toys for Tots. This is a page about donating Christmas wrapping to charity.

I inherited at least 4 shopping bags filled with Christmas ribbon, pre-made bows, gift boxes, all in great condition. I'd like to donate it to an organization with a little budget and a lot of holiday gifts to wrap. Ideas?

Answers

Best Answer

Toys for Tots would love to have that.

Best Answer

Do you remember anything from this past Christmas? Ad campaigns or radio-station-hosted toy drives? Ask around and maybe someone can help spark your memory. Call a local toy store to inquire as well as the food bank in your area? Perhaps the Salvation Army?

Best Answer

This may not be the best time of year to donate as so many places have limited storage area unless you are going to donate to Goodwill or Salvation Army and they will just offer it for sale at very reduced prices.

You may try asking (with your local zip code) on Google and see if someone has a place to store this for future use. Also, maybe place an ad on Craigslist but you would just have to screen anyone who sounds interested as there are lots of scammers around.

Best Answer

I think it'd be best if you held off until the end of the year, but I am sure your local non-profit organizations would love the donation!

I have unopened quantity of Christmas gift wrap and bows I would like to donate to a charity. Will Toys for Tots take them? Any other ideas? How would I do this?

Answers

I see this on Freecycle all the time. There is always someone who wants it.

Since you would like to donate to a charity you could consider donating to Hospice thrift stores or Habitat for Humanity and I feel sure there are several charity shops that would love to have these items.

Toys for Tots also accepts wrap and bows and give to parents to take home and use.
You can check Google for charity shops (your zip code) and also Toys for Tots locations on Google and your zip code.

Sometimes churches also use these as they usually have presents to wrap for their children's Christmas party. Call any of their offices to see if they would like them.

Durning the holidays there are many Boy Scout or even Girl Scout troops that will set up holiday wrapping tables to help people out. They are always in need of these supplies. I think the Red Cross also does things like this and you can check with them. Also check with your local police and fire departments in your area. I know they normally collect toys and go around on Christmase Eve delivering them to families in need. They could also use this paper and bows.

Check in your area at local churches and outreach,women/children shelters and HUD. Donating in your surrounding community helps!

Better Living Charity AdviceOctober 1, 2017
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Donating-Christmas-Gift-Wrapping-to-Charity.html