Donating Christmas Wrappings to Charity

I inherited at least 4 shopping bags filled with Christmas ribbon, pre-made bows, gift boxes, all in great condition. I'd like to donate it to an organization with a little budget and a lot of holiday gifts to wrap. Ideas?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Toys for Tots would love to have that.

Best Answer

Do you remember anything from this past Christmas? Ad campaigns or radio-station-hosted toy drives? Ask around and maybe someone can help spark your memory. Call a local toy store to inquire as well as the food bank in your area? Perhaps the Salvation Army?

Best Answer

This may not be the best time of year to donate as so many places have limited storage area unless you are going to donate to Goodwill or Salvation Army and they will just offer it for sale at very reduced prices.

You may try asking (with your local zip code) on Google and see if someone has a place to store this for future use. Also, maybe place an ad on Craigslist but you would just have to screen anyone who sounds interested as there are lots of scammers around.

Best Answer

I think it'd be best if you held off until the end of the year, but I am sure your local non-profit organizations would love the donation!

If it were me, I would save it until November, then donate to Toys for Tots or girl scouts. I say girl scouts, because in my area they do a fund raiser where they wrap presents for $2 each. They also go into the local senior senior and help the seniors wrap gifts there as well.

Good ideas, everyone! I think I'll just store them here until the holiday season and try my local Scout troops. Thanks so much for helping!