Craigslist Alternatives

I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for good free online advertising. I want to place a couple of ads for household items, furniture and a vehicle. I have already tried Craigslist and it isn't working for me. It's hard to place new ads on Craigslist right now. Thanks for your help.

Mary from Redmond, WA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Around in L.A. we have a free paper called the Pennysaver for selling things. My friend has used it a lot with great success. Wonder why you are having trouble with craigslist? Maybe you should have someone look over your "ads" - I have had success there with a short, snappy style, as the people who frequent craigslist are mostly young.

On craigslist or any online classifieds, photos are also a MUST. I skip right over a listing if it does not have a photo with it.

I use Kijiji.com; Works great!

I live in Buffalo, NY. We have a site that is free and

it is www.buffalobuyandsell.com

Try and see if they have that in your area.

We also have a site here that is

www.buffalofreecycle.com

This site tries to prevent filling up our landfills.

Good luck.

Check out your local freecycle group, not freecycle sorry...in my town we have a Garage Sale site, it is run through Yahoo just like a freecycle group. But people can post ads for free listing things they want to ell or buy. I have sold tons of things through ours, it is called, Abilene Garage Sales, so you could check something like that with yuor towns name in it! Hope this hepls!

Check out yahoo groups home for buy/sell/trade groups in your area. Sometimes Freecycle sites have a list of area groups (that you can sell on) in their "Links" section.

We have a buy/sell/trade group here called Michiana buy sell trade. Im hoping your area has one too. Our area needed a car parts group so my friend who needed an engine and I started it ourselves! It was easy and now were up to 127 members and we started it in April.

Go to www.freecycle.org, its a Yahoo group that'll be in your city, or surrounding cities near you, that you can post items your wanting to get rid of, or are looking for, and sometimes you'll get answers, sometimes you won't. It's a great site, all you do is search for your city and state when you open the homepage, and your there!

Thank everyone for all the great suggestions!

I found this great new startup classifieds website, Oddbark.com..itS 100% Free and you dont have to register to post your ads, however, Registered users can load audio or video, (great for promoting yourself, your music,your business or showcase homes), The website has a feature that automatically contacts you when your ads expire, as well as auctions,feedback feature, etc. It also offers a special feature where users can receive text responses from the website to their ads via cell phone. You can also use Supcast.com to record voice messages through your mobile phone, and have them appear instantly on your Oddbark postings!!! Give it a try I think its very good..

I tried all the other classifieds system but this one is by far the best:

http://cl.radiux.com

Try it!

I only use http://cl.radiux.com.

Seems to work best. All the other sites don't really have a lot of stuff or decent layouts.

I run a new Startup called MidwestAds.Net (Launched 10/1/08). It is similar to Craigslist, but contains no Adult content, No Dating Ads, and has a Place where Churches can list their service times and directions, etc

It includes all the basic Employment/Community Events/Real Estate/Autos/Etc

Let me know what you think

Http://MidwestAds.Net

Thanks

Walmart has free classifieds: http://walmart.oodle.com/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RecycleKCE/

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Computers Internet TipsJuly 19, 2007
alternatives to ebay
Alternatives to eBay
Woman holding a box for a garage sale
Posting Your Garage Sale on Craigslist
Photo of Craigslist's website homepage.
Selling Items on Craigslist
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 21, 2016 at 1:40:23 AM on 10.0.1.228 in 341 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.