Dog Food RecipesDogs

Dog Food Recipes for Dachshund

I would like to find recipes for making food for my Dachshund.

By kelly516 from MA

You can saute up turkey sausage (from Aldi's or Savealot) with onions/garlic (or onion/garlic salt), can of mixed veggies. Freeze in portions.

fff

Garlic and onions, corn and salt should not be given to dogs. I make this recipe for my own pets and they love it. There's lists of people foods to avoid feeding pets and those items above are on that list which can be found on the internet by doing a google search.

Minute Rice, cooked and drained groundbeef or deer meat or sausage, drained and rinse the can of green beans. I also add a can of carrots, peas and sweet potatoes, but use the juice from it as it doesn't have as much salt content and rice will be moist. Mix with hands in a casserole dish and microwave about twenty minutes.

Allow to cool down before serving.

Just to add another recipe I use for my dogs are cans of tuna in water and add minute rice and they will eat that too. You cn always modify a recipe seen over the 'net until you get it right for what your pet will enjoy eating.

Here is another dog food recipe. I use ground turkey, rice, peas or beans, water, olive oil and I used to use garlic powder but heard that wasn't good. I put all of it in a big pot and cook for about 20 minutes. My Cricket loves it and and her coat looks good. Then I put it in serving sizes in sandwich bags and freeze it. Just take it out, zap it in the microwave and bon appetite.