Buy Single Servings of Milk

I used to buy gallons and gallons of milk when my kids were little. It was always gone in a couple of days. They used to tell me "mom! we're out of milk"!

Now it's just me and I don't drink a lot of milk, I use it primarily in recipes and such. I got really tired of buying quarts of milk just to see them go sour. What a waste of product and money.

So now, I buy the single serving size of milk in little plastic bottles and put them in the freezer. Just enough for recipes or a bowl of cereal etc. To use, leave one on the counter until almost defrosted, then shake hard until the ice crystals are gone. Walla, fresh milk! No waste, no fuss, and the container is recyclable.

Good Eating!

By Soo from Oroville, CA

Good idea! I do the same as you for the same reason but am a dork and didn't think to keep an extra in the freezer ;-)

I still need gallons, but since you are freezing the milk...I was wondering if you could save enough bottles and refill them with a larger bottle of milk? How about freezing milk in ice cube trays? I'm sure somebody on this site would know the proper measurements using cubes in recipes. :)

Food and Recipes Food Tips DairyMarch 11, 2010
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🎄