Candy (Dog)

Candy is 6 years old. We don't really know the official breed, so we just tell everyone that she is "small, black, and mostly ugly". However I have decided that she is really not ugly, she is simply "beauty challenged".

She originally belonged to our neighbors when we lived in Oregon; but she adopted me soon after they got her. Candy would come over to our house (we lived in the country and did not have a fence), and sit by our front door until I would let her in the house to visit before I went to work. After watching me get dressed for work, I would give her a treat and send her back home. Our neighbors decided to move to Montana and did not want to take her with them, so we bought her. We also moved to Montana shortly after this, but took her with us.

Candy will take off on a running spree throughout the house going at full speed, she will stop for just a second, look at you and get going again. However, her favorite thing to do is to snuggle with me on the couch under a blanket. The picture you see here is Candy in her Christmas sweater that we bought her. The winter chill had dropped to -18 degrees. Walking outside to go potty hurt her feet, so our friends bought her boots for Christmas.

By grandmafudge

Sometimes our pets have a roundabout way of getting to us, and there is usually at least 1 middleman. She was obviously meant to be your fur-baby.

From what I could see, Candy isn't at all ugly, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and I see her as being loving,

entertaining and loyal. All those qualities come from the inside, and are all very beautiful. Candy is a beautiful girl.

Thank you for sharing her.

She looks like the dark version of my light-colored, 5 year-old dog, Nyla! Whenever people say that she's "pretty," I always reply "She's not, but she is pretty darn cute!" I like your "beauty-challenged" better! lol

And I wholly agree with Shadow0366's comments.

What a nice twist on a story when the animal adopts the owner. For sure it'll be a loyal and devoted pet. She's sweet as her name.

How cute she is!!! She wanted you to be her Mom so, she adopted you. Sometimes we get our fur babies in strange ways but we always give them a wonderful home...

I think she's cute....and smart enough to know what she wants & how to get it! LOL!

The 1st dog I had was a Samoyed Husky. My dad's brother bought him when I was a baby. He wouldn't stay with my uncle,he kept running away to my parents on the other side of town.My parents were worried about a big dog like that around a brand new baby(me),because people said then than huskies could be mean. But he persisted until my uncle finally gave up & gave him to us.I became HIS,he took care of me,protected me & followed me everywhere. He was the BEST dog we ever had

She looks fine and very refined with those boots.

My dog Bouncer was not handsome either. His great personality made up for his looks any day. People used to say, he was cute cause there was nothing else to say. They didn't want to cause hurt feelings. I would say; we know he is homely it doesn't hurt our feelings at all. We loved him no matter what. That homely little dog was very smart and lived with us for 18 yrs. I still tear up when I talk or think about him. I guess he was handsome challenged. LOL

Candy, I think you are just adorable.

Photos Pets DogsFebruary 27, 2011
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
A happy dog standing up.
Training a Dog to Stop Mounting (Humping) People
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog