Preventing Growth In Driveway Cracks

How do I kill grass growing in driveway cracks?

Ernest from Kansas City

Best Answer

I've used a mix of equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle. I've also added a little bit of dishwashing liquid to help the mix stay on the weeds. Works well, they usually come back eventually, but it's easy to respray them each time.

Best Answer

Instead of nuking the dirt every so often, getting trapped into a routine, go to your home center for a patching material and glue the cracks shut!

Best Answer

I have been using plain boiling water. It really works. Have been doing this for a few years.

Yup on the ole White Vinegar. Got the idea from previous suggestions on this great list, have used it straight from the cheap, cheap supermarket gallon jug. As also stated in previous posts, the sun and vinegar kill off all of the weeds. Do it morning, let the sun bake it in, I was picking out dead weeds that night. Had to soak the larger clumps of grass (tried to conserve the vinegar), but gone now.

Great suggestions from those that know.

Pour vinager in between cracks

September 3, 2007 Flag

With the weather warming up in my area I am looking for something to use on my driveway cracks where the weeds come up. Last year I used Triox, but it smelled horrible for days and I was wondering if there is anything organic that I could use to prevent anything from growing in the cracks all summer?

Donna, MI

Answers:

Preventing Growth In Driveway Cracks

Use boilingwater, or a salt or vinegar solution. (04/07/2005)

By lindal

Preventing Growth In Driveway Cracks

Plain old vinegar poured on the cracks will work. Your yard will smell like a German salad for a day, but that will fade away. :-)

It does wear off, but we've only had to treat our sidewalk twice each summer. (04/08/2005)

Preventing Growth In Driveway Cracks

I use white vinegar, just pour it from the bottle onto weeds, it's cheaper then weed killer and also does not hurt pets. (04/08/2005)

By Annette

Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks
Solutions for Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks
Home and Garden Home Improvement MiscellaneousSeptember 3, 2007
gravel driveway
Inexpensive Alternatives to Paving a Driveway
A petunia growing in a crack in pavement.
Growing Plants in Pavement Cracks
Growth Chart
Making a Growth Chart for Your Kids
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🎉
🎄