Cinco de Mayo Craft Ideas
A Mexican holiday that is observed in the US as a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage. This guide contains Cinco de Mayo craft ideas
Having a Cinco de Mayo party? If people are bringing kids, be sure to have something to do. Plan a craft like making maracas from empty water bottles. Add a few dried beans or some rice to empty, dry bottle, cap them and cover with a thin layer of paper mache' which will dry quickly in the sun, or even a layer of duct or masking tape. (Kids love tape!) Then decorate as desired with Sharpie markers, stickers, beads, feathers, fringes, ribbons, or whatever. Let kids perform to a Mexican tune in a maraca band later in the evening.
By Linda from Vista, CA
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
May 5, 20070 found this helpful
Although we have a set of plastic ones that cost $1
I can see how different shapes and materials might produce a slightly different sound and be fun to make. God bless you. : )
These cute, inexpensive sombreros may great centerpieces for Cinco de Mayo (May 5) or any Mexican themed party. They are very quick and easy to make.
Approximate Time: Less than 30 minutes
- paper plate
- Styrofoam cup
- tan or yellow acrylic paint
- brown acrylic paint
- red acrylic paint
- paint brush
- multi-colored pom poms
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint paper plate and Styrofoam cup with tan or yellow acrylic paint. Allow to dry.
- Paint rim of cup with brown acrylic paint. Once the cup is inverted, this will be the hat band.
- Paint the outer edge of the plate rim with red acrylic paint. Let dry completely.
- Hot glue the cup to the center of the plate to form your sombrero.
- Glue the pom-poms, evenly spaced, around edge of the plate. Alternate colors as you glue each one in place.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro NC
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 3, 2016 at 6:48:43 PM on 10.0.2.182 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us