Tie A Knot In "Bad" Socks

When doing laundry, often we get socks that have gone bad and need to be tossed. Yet, it seems like they always wind up back in laundry. So, when I come across a sock that needs to be thrown out, I tie a knot in it. No more worries; see a knot toss it away, it is matchless or bad.

By Lori from Ephrata, WA

I cut them open and use them for wash clothes or rags.

Socks going bad in my house gets cut in half (from ankle to toe). They make excellent oil rags (car); dust cloths, and they are super great for window cleaning. Saves about $10 for the "bag of rags" you buy at Home Depot for the same purposes.

mine get knotted, then they become dog toys. if it has a knot, we all know it belongs to Mosey!

A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
Organizing LaundrySeptember 19, 2008
Square Knot
Tying a Square Knot (Reef Knot)
sharpie tie dyed tshirt
Making a Sharpie Tie Dyed T-Shirt
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Getting Knots Out of a Gold Chain
Getting Knots Out of a Gold Chain