Use Free Luggage Tags For Marking

I always take a fistful of the free luggage tags the airlines provide (Ditto the stickers). They are wonderful for identifying all sorts of equipment; musical instrument cases, bags, and the like. My old drama teacher taught me to label everything so it wouldn't get lost, and she was right.

By pamphyila from Los Angeles

I'm sorry, but I have to say it again: it is NEVER right to take a handful of anything just because it is free. If you are not taking 1 tag for each piece of luggage that you are taking with you on a flight leaving that same day, you are stealing those tags! The tags are for CUSTOMERS ONLY. They are available for those folks who have forgotten to tag their luggage beforehand. It's a shame so many folks who complain about the rising costs of goods and services are the same ones who create the price increases. Believe it or not, the tags are NOT FREE to the airline - it costs money to provide them to paying customers after you have stolen those you are so proud of!

That's stealing.

Gee wiz - I never expected such a negative reaction - most of the time I am there I am a customer or am with a customer - and I would never take any if the supply was running low and I only take a few. I seems to me that if they are out in open bins, they can't be too worried about people taking more than one for their luggage - otherwise they would dole them out. Plus, they are getting free advertising when I cart around my items with their luggage tags - the point of most freebies, anyway...Like matches and pencils, and the like. When they stop being advertising, strange thing, they stop being there free for you to take. I don't think luggage tags are the reason for rising airlines prices - it has more to do with de-regulation and gas prices...but that's another discussion....

Travel and Recreation TravelMarch 28, 2007
Cleaning Luggage
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
American flag suitcase.
Buying American Flag Themed Luggage