Cleaning Pans With Baked On Food

I always find it hard to clean my glass bakeware or metal baking sheets after making lasagna or cake. Is there any solution I can soak them in before scrubbing?

I use SOS pads, but I am sick of scrubbing for so long to get this mess out. I would rather soak it first in something better. I have tried hot water and soap. Any suggestions please?

By Amber Dawn from Toronto, Ontario

The very best and easiest way is to fill the dish with hot water and a bit of dish detergent and the secret ingredient; a used fabric softener sheet. It works every time. Just leave to soak overnight.

If soaking overnight like Barbeelee suggested doesn't do the tr4ick, then make up a new batch of hot soapy water and add 1/2 cup of bleach to the water. Then soak it for an hour or so.

Instead of using SOS though, get some plastic scrubbing pads. They will work just as good. If you absolutely have to use SOS (as in tiny crevices or something) scrub VERY VERY LIGHTLY. You don't ever need to scrub hard with an SOS pad on glass serving dishes or bakeware.

I have some of the white Corningware, and the clear glass bakeware that are all well over 50 years old and have been passed down from my mother to me. They all look brand new.

I know just what you mean. I use my rubber spatula to scrape out what I can, rinse it with the spray thingy, fill with water, put in small drop or two of dish soap, next morning go around it again with spatula, rinse and see what's left. I use a small scrub brush I keep around for stubborn food.

You can use easy off oven cleaner on the glass baking dishes and it works great. You cannot use it on aluminum.

When I do something like this I usually just soak in a solution made with automatic dish washer detergent. What doesn't come right off then comes off with Bar Keeper's Friend. This is the best cleaning product I have ever used! You can polish everything except silver. Trish/AL

White Vinegar, hot water and a good liquid dish soap heated up on the stove and leave covered over night. On glass and stainless steele, only. Not for use on aluminum though. Do not use anything to scratch the glass as that can weaken it and could cause it to break..

Dishwasher detergent. That stuff dissolves everything.

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesApril 5, 2010
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean