Keeping Cinnamon Buns Moist After Baking

Why when I take canned cinnamon buns out of the oven they taste great, but in a short while the bun becomes dry and hard? What can I do to keep them moist?

By LynneN from Kings Park, NY

Put your cinnamon rolls in a tupperware type container with a lid. Also, if you have too many and you don't want them to go to waste, use them to make bread pudding, they are wonderful!

I had to laugh while reading this question. I am not laughing at you, just the idea that these canned cinnamon rolls would ever last long enough to dry out. At our house, they barely make it out of the oven before my family inhales, er, I mean "consumes" them. :-)

I have no clue as to how to keep them moist for later use, but if you don't receive some good suggestions here, I have a plan: Just post when you will make them next and I'll send my family to consume your leftovers! Problem solved! (I'm joking, of course - imagine another line or two of smiley faces here!) Hope you find a good answer to your question, but thanks so much for the belly laugh considering these yummy treats. Take care!

LynneN, if you'll go to: stilltasty.com and enter cinnamon rolls you'll get their answer. It's a wonderful site for all your kitchen food.

Have you buttered them after they come out of the oven to moisten the surface? This will keep them from drying out so badly on the top surface. If these are the kind of cinnamon rolls that you turn out upside down to reveal the sticky topping. Then this could help. Also you may be overcooking them a little too.

Wrap each one in seram wrap, put in a container or zip lock freezer bag and freeze them. When you want a bun or two, take it out of freezer and put in microwave long enough to thaw and heat, about 20 seconds on high for each bun. They will be just like they came out of the oven.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking PastriesDecember 12, 2010
Sticky Buns
Sticky Buns Recipes
Hot Dog Buns
Recipes Using Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
🎄
🍂