Keeping Bugs Away from a Picnic

What's the best way to keep bugs and mosquitoes away from the picnic?

By Brenda

I stick a few dryer sheets around the picnic table or campsite. At home I soak a rag in vinegar and place it outside for about seven to ten days at a time, this helps repel unwanted pests, mammals as well as insects. :) It is just plain white vinegar soaked onto a rag and placed on my patio.

To keep ants from the picnic table put legs of table in a small saucer of water.

The most effective thing for a picnic is the Off Lamp with the little pads in it, or a butane fired burner with similar pads. The mosquito coils are fairly effective, but you have to have several. These things are effective for mosquitoes; for other flying insects, wasps, black flies, I don't know. And ants are another thing entirely. I think you have to choose a site where the ants aren't.

Two people at a picnic in Paris.
Keeping Bugs and Flies Away From Your Picnic
Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesJune 20, 2010
Group having a picnic.
Church Picnic Theme Ideas
Fly on Blade of Grass
Keeping Bugs Away When Sitting Outdoors
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
🎉
🎄