What is the Scientific Name for the Black Mold on My Cotton Fabric?

I want to know the scientific name of the black mold on my cotton fabrics.

By Rakhi S from India

Answers

Hi Rakhi, I believe the scientific name for black mold is "STACHYBOTYS CHARTARUM. Very dangerous mold so be careful. You didn't mention if you have any in your home or where the mold on your cotton fabrics came from but you should rid yourself of the problem ASAP. Black mold is easily airborn and can cause severe lung and respiratory problems. If it's in your house, you really need to have it gone. You might want to get a professional cleaner in. Just be careful.

Balack mokd on the wall.
Getting Rid of Black Mold
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 3:56:14 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.