Website Security Certificate

Just recently when I try to log into my email I get this message: 'There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid. Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this web page and do not continue to this website.' I don't have any problem bringing up AOL, I just get this message when I go to retrieve my email.

imaqt1962 from Illinois

ok I solved my own problem

for some reason my computer had restored itself back to when we had purchased it and before I had added free aol mail on to it

This is what our computer guy told us to do. What ended up fixing it was running the Microsoft update which told us the date on our computer was wrong. It had re set itself to the year 2002 when the power went out.

Hi. Here's a brief explanation of the cause and a solution for you:

Internet Explorer 7 is saying "Certificate error: navigation blocked". This means that, although the secure server certificate is encrypting data correctly, IE7 cannot verify the domain name. That is because there is not a SSL certificate for your particular domain name.

This does not indicate a problem with the website or control panel. This could be more accurately described as a fault with Internet Explorer being a little overly paranoid on your behalf.

Your choice is to either click that you want to navigate the site anyhow, or permanently disable the warning. If you would like to permanently disable the warning error, go to the Internet Explorer Tools menu and select Internet Options, Advanced tab. Scroll down to the bottom (under Security) and disable/uncheck "Warn about certificate address mismatch".

Alright, the easy solution did not help. You can either install and use an alternative browser: you can try doing all the Windows updates:

I keep seeing website security certificate and I can't check my mails.

Computers Internet TipsNovember 5, 2007
Couple getting SSI help.
Finding a Good Social Security Attorney
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
birth certificate, passport and social security card
Getting a Copy of a Birth Certificate
Creating a Simple Website for a Business, Website URL on a computer screen.
Creating a Simple Website for a Business