In Memory of Bobbie Sox (Cat)

contest winner icon

Bobbie Sox has passed on, but wanted to share this picture. I was looking for her, calling her name and came around a corner to discover her "Just Hanging around", she was a card!

I adopted her, she was orphaned as a baby and I discovered her at a heritage farm museum. The ladies were looking after the babies, trying to find them homes. When I picked her up and she looked at me and snuggled into my arms, it was a real connection. I had never owned a cat before Bobbie Sox.

By Linn

Bobbie Sox sounds and looks like such a sweet character! I am so sorry for your loss! :-(

Hi, so very sorry for your loss.

Terri

Lady Tuxedo kitties always remind me of my Boots, a male we adopted before he was born. His mother used to stay with us when her "family" was out of town. Midnight was expecting to "find kitties"any minute, and we were to have our pick of the litter.

I said that I wanted the one that looked just like the mother "Midnight". When the kitties were born, there were only 3. Two girls, all black, and 1 little boy, exactly like his mother. That one was my Bootsie who delighted us with his antics for 11 years and grew up with my three daughters. We have so many stories about that cat that we could write an entire book just about him and the things he did.

I can imagine your Bobbie Sox doing all the same kinds of things.

Boots loved to scare the Orkin man who came once a month to spray all around the house, and he checked all the inside as well for termites, and other vicious bugs. Boots would hide up in one of the bedroom closets, but the poor Orkin man never knew which one.

Boots would wait and let him open the closet door all the way, then jump down landing right in front of him. He knew exactly what he was doing too, and would have this absolute grin on his face as he'd slowly prance in front of Mr. Mathews with his tail held high.

We thought we'd lose our Orkin service any day, but we never did.

Sharing your photo of Bobbie Sox brought back all those memories and it was sad and sweet. I know you must miss Bobbie Sox. How could you help but miss such an adorable clown?

Thank you for sharing him with us though.

Pookarina

Thank you for posting feedback everyone, enjoy reading the comments!

Awww. I am so sorry about your beloved Bobbi Sox. We lost 2 of our fur babies months apart last year to mouth cancer, we miss them terribly. We now have 2 more fur babies in our house and they are just a joy. Hugs, sherri

What a character! I'm sure she bought you much love & I am so sorry for your loss. :-(

Photos Pets CatsJanuary 31, 2011
Display Collections In A Memory Box
Making A Memory Box
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion
🎉
🎄