Flowering Hens and Chicks

This isn't a question but some info on hens and chicks. I was looking for info about when hens and chicks flower. I found a lot of questions here but no sure answers as to when and how.

I found that they flower when they mature at around 3-4 yrs old. This is the site where I found the info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hen_and_chicks. Hope it helps someone!

By mfedukovich from Southern WV

Mine flowered after they were 3 years old. At first site I was clueless as to what was happening to them so I had to look them up. They are pink and beautiful in their upright posistion.

Actually they flower when they become crowded. Some types of H&C's crowd faster than others. The one's (green with red/maroon tips) I have flowered in 2 years because of the fast rate of their growth! When very crowded the "hen" will flower and then die leaving the extra room for the babies to spread and become hens themselves and the cycle continues.

I have another variety that remains purple year round and in the 4 years that I've had it it has only sent out a few babies and is hardly crowded and no flowers yet.

Hens and Chicks
Growing Hens and Chicks
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersApril 8, 2009
Passion flower.
Growing Flowering Vines Indoors
Easter Crafts for Kids
Easter Crafts for Kids
Spring Flowering Bulbs
Storing Spring Flowering Bulbs
Hens and Chicks plant
Transplanting Hens and Chicks
🎉
🎄