HealthDogs

What Can I Use to Bathe a Dog With Itchy Skin?

My dog is itching like crazy, it seems to mostly at her back end. She is Frontlined monthly and I don't see any type of rash. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can bathe her in?

By Karen from Leavittsburg, OH

I had a beagle who visited a house with cats, and got a few fleas there, and even after the fleas were long gone, he kept itching and itching. I was in the dog shampoo aisle, and looking at the medicated shampoos. Which I then carried over to the human shampoo aisle. I compared it to the medicated human shampoos and ended up buying the extra-strength Denorex. Worked like a charm!

Use a tar based shampoo either from the pet aisle or human aisle. I have an itchy beagle mix too.

If the medicated shampoo doesn't work, consider a food allergy. My dog chewed all the hair off of his back. I switched foods until he stopped scratching. I stayed with that food until he died at age 17. He was allergic to everything except brown rice and salmon, so that is what he ate (thank goodness he was a small dog).