What Can I Use to Bathe a Dog With Itchy Skin?

My dog is itching like crazy, it seems to mostly at her back end. She is Frontlined monthly and I don't see any type of rash. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can bathe her in?

By Karen from Leavittsburg, OH

I had a beagle who visited a house with cats, and got a few fleas there, and even after the fleas were long gone, he kept itching and itching. I was in the dog shampoo aisle, and looking at the medicated shampoos. Which I then carried over to the human shampoo aisle. I compared it to the medicated human shampoos and ended up buying the extra-strength Denorex. Worked like a charm!

Use a tar based shampoo either from the pet aisle or human aisle. I have an itchy beagle mix too.

If the medicated shampoo doesn't work, consider a food allergy. My dog chewed all the hair off of his back. I switched foods until he stopped scratching. I stayed with that food until he died at age 17. He was allergic to everything except brown rice and salmon, so that is what he ate (thank goodness he was a small dog).

Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 23, 2010
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Itchy Puppy
Puppy With Itchy Yellow Bumps
Skin Folds
Treating a Rash in Skin Folds
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 1:31:00 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 983 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.