Stripping Paint From Wooden Walls

I have painted (white) knotty pine walls in my kitchen/dining room. Does anyone know the best way to strip the paint so that I can sand and varnish it and make it beautiful again?

Jennifer from Lancaster

I've refinished some oak doors in our home but never walls. What I used was a gel stripper (don't remember the name) and I just "painted" it on, waited awhile then scraped the paint off. This left a fairly clean surface that I then sanded, stained, and sealed. Worked for me! They're beautiful now.

I use a gel citrus stripper--you can get it at walmart or lowes. Just paint it on, let it sit and the paint just sort of scrapes off. I used one of those plastic credit card things I keep getting in the mail. It smells good and is less toxic that the other strippers. Hope this helps and good luck. I'm sure it will look great!

The stripper that some people may be referring to is Citristrip. It is an environmentally friendly stripper that is in a gel form.

Another popular stripping is Ready Strip. It is biodegradable and has very little odor.

Here is an article on how to strip paint or stain step by step. ... ng/How_To_Strip_Paint_and_Stain.html

Home and Garden Home Improvement WallsMay 5, 2008
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Chipped Paint on Old Chair
Sealing Chipped Paint on Old Wood