Stripping Paint From Wooden Walls

I have painted (white) knotty pine walls in my kitchen/dining room. Does anyone know the best way to strip the paint so that I can sand and varnish it and make it beautiful again?

Jennifer from Lancaster

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I've refinished some oak doors in our home but never walls. What I used was a gel stripper (don't remember the name) and I just "painted" it on, waited awhile then scraped the paint off. This left a fairly clean surface that I then sanded, stained, and sealed. Worked for me! They're beautiful now.

I use a gel citrus stripper--you can get it at walmart or lowes. Just paint it on, let it sit and the paint just sort of scrapes off. I used one of those plastic credit card things I keep getting in the mail. It smells good and is less toxic that the other strippers. Hope this helps and good luck. I'm sure it will look great!

The stripper that some people may be referring to is Citristrip. It is an environmentally friendly stripper that is in a gel form.

Another popular stripping is Ready Strip. It is biodegradable and has very little odor.

Here is an article on how to strip paint or stain step by step.

http://www.how2  t_and_Stain.html

Home and Garden Home Improvement WallsMay 5, 2008
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Chipped Paint on Old Chair
Sealing Chipped Paint on Old Wood
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:58:10 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.