Removing Cloth From Bottom of Pot

I put a hot pot on to a piece of cloth unknowingly and now there are remains of the cloth on the bottom of the pot. How can I get them off?

Try mixing a thick solution of powdered dishwasher detergent and hot water in a container large enough to set the pot in. Let soak at least overnight, and the stuck on remnant should scrub right off.

You could also try saturating the cloth remnants with WD-40, let set a while, and then scrape off.

Thanks for the suggestions. I soaked it in boiling water (in the sink) and detergent, while also heating up the inside of the pot with hot tap water. I let it sit for around 10 minutes (two kettles of boiled water), then it scraped off pretty quickly with a utility knife. To get the tiny fragments that remained, I very quickly ran the knife back and forth over the area, which left it completely cleaned.

I just successfully removed microfiber cloth from bottom of my searing pan. Patience first, used fingernail polish, WD40 and left in sun - then the razor blade and it slowly pushed off!

Fingernail polish or fingernail polish remover?