How Do I Make a Guitar Cake?

I need to make a guitar cake, fast. It has to be easy. I have a party to do tomorrow and I am so sick. Please help.

By Jilly from WI

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You didn't say how many people you have to serve, but for a basic cake I'd draw a rough sketch then make a 9X13 and cut it out free hand in a guitar shape. For a bigger one make 2, 9X13's. I cut cardboard boxes and cover it w/aluminum foil to put it on. If possible post a photo for us. Hope I helped.

Bake a flat sheet cake and while it's baking take a piece of cardboard and draw a guitar that will fit on to the size of the sheet cake. Then cut the shape of the guitar out to use as template. When cake is done baking take cake out of pan and let cool on wax paper. Place cardboard template shape on the cake and cut around this, then ice with icing or fondant. Make those "tuning things" that hold the strings out of toothpicks and caramel candies that have been shaped to look like the tuning things that hold the strings and stick these into the guitar.

If you want the guitar to be bigger, use 2 sheet cakes put next to each other. Find guitar picks online by Googling "childrens coloring pages, guitar" and make these pictures larger or smaller on the computer or Xerox machine.

If it were me, I would order a flat sheet cake with a guitar painted on it from the grocery store!

yes please do make a picture and share with us. Good luck.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CakesMay 20, 2010
Man Tuning His Guitar
Tuning a Guitar
Cereal Box Guitar
Making a Cereal Box Guitar
Cigars in a Box
Making a Cigar Box Guitar
Man Playing Rock Guitar
Reparing an Electric Guitar
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:07:35 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.