Keeping the Floor Clean When Pets are Eating

When feeding pets canned food indoors, try this to make it much less messy. Place their bowl or dish on a large piece of newspaper. If the dish is against a wall, angle the newspaper so it extends a little way up the wall instead of laying flat on the floor. This will keep the pet from pushing any dropped food between the wall and baseboard area. When your pet is finished eating, just throw away the newspaper. The floor should stay relatively clean. I don't know, maybe I just have messy pets!

By Laura from Elberta, AL

Thank you for the tip. Oso our little Yorkie loves

his canned food but he seems to think it taste better if he pushes his bowl all around the floor.

I used a mat for my cat, Lupe. Scoop away litter had a promotion for a set, and they worked great! She liked to paw the dry food out and "kill it." Sometimes she would scoop one piece up at a time with her paws and eat kibble everywhere! Luckily she never did that with canned!

Cat Eating
Keeping Pet Feeding Area Clean
Pets FoodJune 16, 2006
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
sweeping a floor
Floor Sweeping Tips
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor