The Perfect Cookie - Categories:

The Perfect Cookie

I've had many friends and relatives ask me how I make my cookies so soft, when theirs all turn out rock hard. Laughing to myself, I explain to them how easy it is! All you need to do is cut (decrease) the recommended time for baking by 2-3 minutes AND set the cookie sheet(s) on cooling racks. Leave the cookies on the racks for 10 minutes and then put on plates to get more air for another 15-20 minutes. Never refrigerate cookies, it dries them out! Now the reason for this is: When you take out the cookies "early", they continue to cook fully while cooling, without being over-done and hardening once out of the oven.

By Jessica from Michigan

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Also storing cookies and brownies with a piece of bread will keep them soft. The bread absords the hardening moisture. When the piece of bread gets hard replace.

If you add an additional cup of flour to the recipe, the cookies will be fluffier and softer too!

"Professional Bakers" substitute 1/2 of the sugar in the recipe for an equal amount of light corn syrup. Keeps cookies soft and chewy for a very long time. I also agree with reducing the baking time.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CookiesOctober 16, 2008
Pinwheel Cookies
Pinwheel Cookie Recipes
M and M Cookies
M&M Cookie Recipes
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Raspberry Bar Cookies
Bar Cookie Recipes