Freezing Cookie Dough in Ice Cube Trays

Category Baked Goods
Having frozen cookie dough on hand is perfect for baking some impromptu cookies but it's best to divide them before freezing. An ice cube tray is the perfect choice. This is a guide about freezing cookie dough in ice cube trays.

Mix up your favorite cookie dough. Make extra and freeze in ice cube trays. When you want to bake several cookies or more pull out you ice cube tray and pop out as many cookies as you want to bake.

I always have cookie dough in the freezer ready to bake. When you mix up your own dough, you know what is in it, and it saves you money over the store bought cookie dough.

Source: A friend shared this info with me a long time ago.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

What a great idea, wish I had thought of this years ago when my kids were much younger. I used to make cookies 3 times a week. At 71 I don't do cookies much anymore, but I will remember this when I do. Thank you.

Its best when they are frozen to put the dough in a baggie to keep them fresh. I do a similar thing of putting the cookie dough on a cookie sheet with wax paper under them and when completely frozen I put in a baggie.

Then I can pull out a couple for me or a bunch for my grandchildren. I do whole batches when I feel like cooking. Frozen keeps me from eating a lot when they are cooked and I always have cookies for my grandchildren.

That is a great idea.