Freezing Cookie Dough

Category Baked Goods
Having cookie dough available in the freezer can make quick cookies for snacks. This page is about freezing cookie dough.

I was making cookies the other day and decided that I didn't want to bake the whole batch of dough. So, using my cookie dough scoop, I put the dough onto a baking sheet, and placed the whole sheet into the freezer until the dough was frozen. I then removed them from the freezer, laid the dough balls onto pieces of waxed paper so they didn't touch, then placed them into a freezer bag. On the bag I wrote what kind they were, the date I packaged the dough, and the baking instructions for when I decide to bake them. Now I can bake as many cookies as I want! :)

I have found most cookie dough can be made ahead of time and baked later. Be sure to tightly wrap the rolls of cookie dough in plastic wrap, chill in the refrigerator, and then freeze.

For drop cookies, I freeze them on a baking sheet, then transfer them to freezer bags. This works great for chocolate chip, sugar, oatmeal, and peanut butter cookies. Thaw the cookie dough for 30 minutes before baking.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

When I make chocolate chip cookies, I always make a full batch. Since it's just my husband and me, I bake a dozen and form and freeze the rest on wax paper in the freezer.

To save time, when making cookie dough, make at least one extra batch. Divide the extra batch, and put into clean frozen juice cans, covering the open end with foil, and freeze.

I've found a way to re-use the plastic tube canisters that Wyler's lemonade and other brands of sugarless fruit drink mixes come in. They are the perfect size for cookie dough.

I love to make cookies, but with just my husband and 1 toddler at home, we can never eat a whole batch of cookies up before they are going stale. So I make a whole batch of cookie dough, bake just one or two sheets of cookies, then freeze the rest.

Videos

This video shows you a quick way to freeze your cookie dough. View the full recipe here: Freezing Cookie Dough

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

What is the best way to freeze cut out cookie dough?

Answers

Best Answer

Put it in a freezer bag, separated by wax or parchment paper. Squeeze as much air out of the bag as possible.

Best Answer

For space saving, when I did this, I will roll the dough into logs, lighty dust them with flour, wrap each log in parchment paper, then bag as many logs as I could fit into heavy plastic freezer bags. Then add a second bag (so double bag).

When defrosting, if I was very lazy, I would just use them as home made "slice and bake" cookies vs rolling them out and cutting.

So I would take them out of the freezer, use the sharpest butcher knife hubby has, and slice them down, let them set for an hour or so to defrost then bake and ice. YUM!!

Best Answer

You should place the dough on a piece of wax paper and roll the dough up into a log. Now keep the wax paper on the dough and place it in a freezer bag. I like the ones that you can take all the air out of them the food seems to last a lot longer.

Best Answer

You can also use baking parchment paper to lay them out on,also using the same paper to cover cookies, then place in freezer bags, making sure air is pressed out of the bag.

Best Answer

I just roll mine up in a ball or log then wrap with cling wrap, then put it in a freezer bag.

Having frozen cookie dough on hand is perfect for baking some impromptu cookies but it's best to divide them before freezing. An ice cube tray is the perfect choice. This is a page about freezing cookie dough in ice cube trays.

Ice Cube Tray for Cookie Dough

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsJuly 26, 2012
🌻
📓
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Cookie-Dough.html