Refreezing Cookie Dough

This is a guide about refreezing cookie dough. Refreezing cookie dough is generally advised against. While it may not make you sick, it can negatively affect the texture and flavor of the dough.

Can cookie dough be refrozen?

Answers

Best Answer

It is recommended that you only freeze any item once. After you have defrosted the item it should be used up. I personally wouldn't freeze it again. You can make the cookies up and freeze the cookie after they are baked. This one would be fine.

Best Answer

After food has been frozen and thawed, it has a tenancy to deteriorate rapidly, so it would leave the texture and quality sorely lacking the next time you would want to use it. Your best option would be to bake the whole batch of thawed dough and then if it certainly is too many for immediate use, then to freeze the already baked cookies. This works well.

One thing I like to do rather than try to freeze a big lump of cookie dough is to actually scoop out dough balls like I would normally and after I have all that I wanted baked, I put a single layer of dough balls (not touching) on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer.

After the dough balls are completely frozen, then I transfer them to a gallon size zip-lock freezer bag. That way I can take out as many as I want to bake and the rest can stay frozen until I'm ready to use them. When using this method, just remove the desired amount, place on a baking sheet and bake normally.

You can, but the flavor and texture may deteriorate if you do it multiple times.

I would not you may get food poisoning.It is better to be safe than sorry.