Freezing Tortillas

Freezing Tortillas
Sometimes you can get a good price on a large bag of tortillas, more than you can eat right away; freeze some for later. This is a guide about freezing tortillas.

Tips for freezing tortillas, post your ideas.

Answers

Best Answer

It really is not necessary to freeze tortillas...corn or flour. Leave them in original bag or repackage in a zip lock bag, and store on a cupboard shelf. They will keep and stay fresh indefinitely. No drying out, cracking, or crumbling either. I have used flour tortillas that have been stored for as long as a year in this manner. I use Mission Brand Tortillas.

Harlean from Arkansas

Best Answer

To freeze your left over tortillas just stack them with a sheet of waxed paper between each one and then put the stack into a Ziploc bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.

By Robin

By guest client (Guest Post)

I have had no problem with flour tortillas. I just put the bag of tortillas in a freezer bag since the bag you get at the store may have a hole in it. Then I put the toritillas in the fridge the day before I am going to use them. If they thaw out gradually they seem great. When I forget to thaw them gradually and have to thaw them out in the microwave they seem more likely to get stuck together. Warehouse stores have large amounts of tortillas for really cheap so I freeze them regularly. Never tried corn tortillas...

By guest client (Guest Post)

I freeze both corn and flour tortilla's. The corn ones come apart easier with microwaving than the flour. SOmetimes I just repackage them in smaller amounts so that I can just defrost the whole package. Otherwise, I microwave and them peel off the outer tortillas until I have enough, then pop the rest back in the freezer