Freezing Baking Soda and Baking Powder

Freezing these two baking ingredients is possible if you follow some simple steps. This is a guide about freezing baking soda and baking powder.

Does anyone know this information? Can I freeze baking powder and/or baking soda without any ill affect on my end baking product?

S. Walle from Duncanville, TX

Answers

Best Answer

My mom kept her baking powder in the freezer and I do too. You do it so it will keep longer. It works just fine.

Tricia

Best Answer

jrslady is correct! I have kept my baking soda and powder in the freezer for years. It's a shame to go to all the trouble to bake a scratch recipe and have all your hard work ruined for lack of storing your ingredients properly. I also store my Bisquick, flours, and cornmeal in the freezer.

Does freezing baking soda affect the soda for future baking?

Answers

Best Answer

From what I have read, it is not advisable to freeze baking soda. It can actually shorten its life.