Freezing Seafood Dips and Spreads

Freezing dips and spreads can be a bit tricky, as some ingredients don't always retain their texture when thawed. This is a guide about freezing seafood dips and spreads.

I made a crab spread with cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and imitation crab and would like to know if this can be frozen. I know that you can freeze cream cheese but not sure about something with mayonnaise in it.

Shirley from LaPorte, TX

Answers

By sueey (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I use mayonnaise in my spinach dip and freeze it. Always works well. I microwave it uncovered to use it again; that seems to take back the extra moisture.

Best Answer

I would worry more about the sour cream than the mayo. I have frozen sour cream in the past and when defrosted it's nothing but water. So it's possible your dip might be a bit watery after defrosting.

Mayonnaise does not freeze well

By CHRISTINE IN. (Guest Post)

How do you freeze cream cheese? I've never had any luck doing it.It always gets mealy. I freeze it in a cheese ball but can you freeze it by itself?

Thank you