Fried Seafood Sandwich Recipes

Category Seafood
Using fish fillets, seafood patties, oysters, or your own personal favorite seafood, you can create delicious sandwiches. This page contains fried seafood sandwich recipes.

These sandwiches are just heavenly. I use a mixture of good whitefish like cod or swai, and small shrimp and/or canned crab.

• 2 cups crab, shrimp, or flaked, cooked fish
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
  • 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
  • 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 12 slices buttered bread
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk

Directions:

Combine all the ingredients up to, and not including, the bread. Chill for at least a couple of hours. Spread 6 slices of bread with the fish mixture; cover with remaining slices of bread.

Mix the eggs and milk. Dip both sides of the sandwiches in this mixture. Fry in fat (I use a mix of olive oil and butter) in a heavy frying pan at moderate heat until sandwich is heated through and both sides of the sandwich are golden brown.

Eat with a sigh of bliss.

Servings: 6
Prep Time: 15 Minutes, not including time in fridge
Cooking Time: 5-10 Minutes

Source: Yakutat

By Free2B from North Royalton, OH

Hey Copasetic, do you think the imitation crab would work for this? Sounds good!

Sounds like a food I would love. Being reared in Florida, we had fresh water as well as saltwater fish year around, and it was a favorite any time of the day. This is a very different type way of preparing it, so I'll have to try it.
Thanks so much.

Pookarina

Laniegirl, I think it would work just fine. The imitation crab would hold together well, so you would have nice chunks of 'crab'. I should have made clear in my instructions that you don't deep fry this sandwich, though you could.

I just use enough to cover the bottom of the skillet. That way, the sandwiches don't absorb too much fat.