Freezing Graham Cracker Crumbs

Being ready for the baking you have planned can be helped by freezing. This guide is about freezing graham cracker crumbs.

In cleaning out my food pantry yesterday, I found that I had three unopened boxes of graham crackers. I was surprised since I usually do not stockpile things. Rather than waste the crackers and the money it cost to purchase them, I decided to make graham crackers crumbs for pie crusts.

I began crumbling them up with my hands in the unopened sleeves. In the process of crumbling, the ends came open. So I decided after crumbling them to pour the crumbs into zip lock sandwich bags. One bag would hold the entire sleeve. I flattened them out and took out as much air as possible.

I then put all of them into an air tight plastic container and popped them into the freezer. I found a recipe for making a 9 inch pie crust online and put the recipe into the container as well.

Now I am ready to make pie crusts at the drop of a hat. And I won't have to go looking for the recipe either! With the Holidays just around the corner, I am ready for any cheesecake or creamy pies requiring graham cracker crusts! Also, I won't have to run to the grocery store looking for those crusts either.

By southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

How do I store homemade cracker crumbs?

By Tab

Answers

I would put them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer. Sprinkle them on as needed.