Saving Money on Baking Soda

I buy baking soda by the bag at Costco. I have one in the laundry room but don't need it taking up space in the kitchen and each bathroom. After washing and drying the plastic containers from flavored coffee creamers, I slit the labels to remove and mark the bottles accordingly with a Sharpie. They're easy to fill with a funnel and the pour top allows me to sprinkle as needed. There's one under each sink and the big bag is convenient for refills on a shelf in the garage.

By Debbie from NJ

3 More Solutions

I finally realized emptying a box of baking soda into an empty washed out spice container sure keeps it easier to use when needed, and keeps it fresh a lot longer.

photo of Baking Soda

The picture shows my baking powder is still good, even though it is slightly past the expiration date.

A bowl of baking powder that is bubbling slightly.

Today I was out shopping and bought a 12 lb re-sealable bag of Arm & Hammer baking soda at Sam's Club. It cost $4.77.

Consumer Advice Shopping Food & KitchenJuly 20, 2011
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Baking-Soda-1.html