Saving Money on Baking Soda

I buy baking soda by the bag at Costco. I have one in the laundry room but don't need it taking up space in the kitchen and each bathroom. After washing and drying the plastic containers from flavored coffee creamers, I slit the labels to remove and mark the bottles accordingly with a Sharpie. They're easy to fill with a funnel and the pour top allows me to sprinkle as needed. There's one under each sink and the big bag is convenient for refills on a shelf in the garage.

By Debbie from NJ

Great idea.Thanks for sharing.

I put the baking soda in clean Parmesan shake containers for the kitchen and baths and use like cleanser also.

Great idea! And I was just looking for an idea for my empty coffee creamer bottles the other day! Thanks!

I didn't know that Costco sold baking soda by the bag. This is why I will make a special trip to Costco!

I use baking soda to clean my kitchen sink, to clean out plastic ware, in the laundry room, etc. Thumbs up.

Great idea! I usually use a Parmesan container but I find that the holes tend to clog. Can't wait to get a couple of empty creamers from my moms recycling bin.
God Bless.
Trish in CT

When I was a child, my parents and family used BS to clean our teeth, along with old fashioned tooth powder. I used to use baking soda till the cost shot way up. I make use of cases of white, distilled vinegar and salt. Remind me please the various uses for baking soda.

It also works great for deodorant but don't use immediately after shaving or it will burn!

Consumer Advice Shopping CleaningJuly 13, 2010
💘
🍀