In Memory of Roc

Our family just lost the best dog in the world. His name is Roc. He would not harm a fly. He was our big baby. It kills me when people try to give these dogs a bad name. He was two and half years old and passed away 8-9-2007. We miss him dearly.

Cookie from Salisbury

In Memory of Roc

Your dog is beautiful. I am so sorry you lost your beloved pet. I have a west highland terrier who is almost 12 and I dread the day something happens to her. I love animals. I know your breed of dog has received more bad press then other dogs. I truly believe a dog who is loved and taken care of will be a good dog!

Again, I am sorry you no longer have Roc. Hang on to all the fun memories. God blees you and your family.

Bobbie from Texas

Wow, what a beautiful dog! I am so sorry for your loss. We just got an American Bulldog puppy and I am sure people will be looking at her like she is a viscious beast too. It's all in how you treat and raise them. Bless you and your family!

I am so sorry that you have lost your beloved Roc. It looks like he was a very special dog, and I can see a lot of love between your son and his dog! Our pets are such an important part of the family, it hurts so much when we must say goodbye. I hope you open your hearts to another pet that is needing a wonderful loving home. Please consider a rescue dog or cat.

I agree with you. No dog is born mean. I love all pets. I have had a lot of different kinds of animals. We have a black lab and she means the world to us.

I can see that your Roc was a special baby. It is wrong that this breed of dog should get treated so badly. When I was a child, I was viciously attacked by a chihuahua. It was like the taco bell dog. It was not the dogs fault, his owner made him mean. A little boy was picking at the dog and I just happen to walk in between them. That dog bit me all over. I had bad bruises and puncture wounds everywhere. I could not get away from this dog.

It took me along time to like little dogs again. I now realise that the dog was just doing what it was taught. GOD Bless you and the time that you had with Roc. Nothing can replace him, but please consider adopting another 4 legged friend.

I am so sorry for your loss! I agree that dogs are erroneously stereotyped. I was told by my veterinarian, after my pekingese died, that most pekes are mean, but my peke was as friendly and loving as a dog can be. Thanks for sharing your loving memories and please accept my sympathy for your loss. God bless you!

My condolences on the loss of Roc. Two and a half years old is young; may I ask if he was sick?

(Author Unknown)

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to

someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are

meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can

run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and

sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to

health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made

whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our

dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and

content, except for one small thing, they each miss someone

very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run

and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops

and looks into the distance. His/her bright eyes are intent;

his/her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly s/he begins to

run from the group, flying over the green grass, his/her legs

carrying him/her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend

meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted

again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again

caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting

eyes of your pet, so long gone form your life but never absent

from your heart.

Then together you and your special pet cross the Rainbow Bridge..

So sorry. He looks like a nice dog. I do believe like that beautiful little story says that animals do go to heaven.

Was he sick?

I'm a cat person myself and lost a 1 yr old to a cat fight, a 10 yr old to cancer, and an 18 yr old to old age.

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Roc. My dog Lady died 8-19-07, so I know how you feel. But my little terrier died after 17-1/2 years; we had a long time together. Soon I'll be looking for a new dog. I hope you find another dog that makes you happy the way Roc did.

So sorry for your loss. Looks like the young man with

him loved him very much. Not right to lump all dogs

any more than it is to do it to people. IMA3

So sorry to hear about your loss...but you will be reunited someday in a place where they don't judge people or animals as being different. He looked friendly.

Hey cheer up!:) I had a dog and his name was Shadow. I had to give him to my grandpa, and he ran away because he wasn't tied up properly. I found him dead.

So dear Cookie, you are not alone in this.

Aela in Alberta,Canada

It is with great sadness to hear about your best friend

a great dog lover,

from Toronto, Ontario

today I lost our sweet dog Alexx due to heart failure(she would have turned 11 in april)

and I am having a really tough time. She was "mama's" dog

she was 3 months old when we got her and weighed 4.5 pounds (she was the runt) she gave us so much love and never asked for anything in return but love

she loved to have her ears rubbed and her back massaged and her neck scratched. she loved to sleep with me at night and in her daddy's recliner in the day (she didn't like having to give it up) she always got a chicken strip from the deli when we went to the store and would give me that look if I didn't get one .she would stare down the teller at the bank for a dog treat. and loved to go for rides.she loved to get up on the chair or couch if I got out my warm fuzzy blanket and lay with me

she loved opening Christmas presents. we didn't start the paper being torn just held the present out to her and she would start ripping the presents open. she started having seizures when she was one and had been on medicine ever since. developed thyroid problems and had gone blind in one eye and was going in the other, due to no tear ducts being developed when she was born but she just kept on going. a few weeks ago they told us she had developed a heart murmur and it had come on real quick and was a 4 on a scale of 1-10 today that heart got tired and went to sleep

sleep in peace baby girl. lay in the sunshine and be warm. cuddle on your blanket when it snows or rains or in front of your fireplace, remember to put on your sweater if you get too chilled and I promise I will see you again

you will forever be in my heart.

love you

I am so sorry to hear about Alexx I know a pet is like a family member and it is hard to lose them. But keep your chin up it will get better.

I am so sorry for both of you.

Photos Pets DogsAugust 31, 2007
Display Collections In A Memory Box
Making A Memory Box
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion