Halloween Memory and Number Matching Cards
Using Halloween stickers and index cards you can make a fun memory and number matching game for the kids to play all year long. This is a page about Halloween memory and number matching cards
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Halloween is definitely one of the easiest themes when teaching. There are so many games and learning activities that you can make from just a few materials. These math cards are fun, festive, and easily adaptable for different ages. Kids will practice number recognition and counting, as well as, improve their concentration and memory. For the classroom, these would be perfect for the math, manipulative, or quiet centers.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 games/activities
- 15 blank index cards (3x5)
- 1 permanent marker
- 10 medium Halloween stickers (1-3 inches)
- 50+ smaller Halloween stickers (less than an inch)
- For the memory game, cut 10 index cards in half and place one sticker on one side of each. Make sure that every pair of cards has the same sticker.
- Turn all of the cards over face down. Have students select two cards to try and find a match. Once all matches are found, the student with the most pairs wins the game!
- For the number and sticker match activity, cut 5 index cards in half. Place a number on five of the cards. You can use any numbers the students are learning. On the other five cards, place stickers to match each number card.
- Have students lay out the sticker cards on a table, face up. Leave room beside each card for their matches.
- Now students can find the number card that matches each sticker card. You can create more cards for different numbers, add pairs to make the activity more difficult, or use less cards to make it easier.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.